[Question] Do you think this is a Good Deal?

z0mbi3

Hello, I am building a New PC (for Gaming) mainly the Half-Life/Counter-Strike Series. here are the Specs of the Parts I might get tell me if I am getting a good Deal :)

AMD 64 Processor

1 GB of RAM

160GB Of HardDrive

Asus P5LD2-VM MotherBoard, 945 Chipset, upto 1066 FSB with 64 bit CPU Support

On-Board 8-Channel Sound and Intel Xtreme graphics

Sony 16x54x32x54x CD-RW/DVD-RW Combo

On-Board gigabit LAN network Interface

View Sonic Internet/Office Keyboard, optical wheel mouse, and Speakers

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Total: $990.00

NOTE: This includes Parts, Labor, and Case

Well what do you guys think? I might also use nLIte to slim down my Home Edition if I end up doing this....

Edited by z0mbi3

Hello, I am building a New PC (for Gaming) mainly the Half-Life/Counter-Strike Series. here are the Specs of the Parts I might get tell me if I am getting a good Deal :)
AMD 64 Processor

1 GB of RAM

160GB Of HardDrive

Asus P5LD2-VM MotherBoard, 945 Chipset, upto 1066 FSB with 64 bit CPU Support

On-Board 8-Channel Sound and Intel Xtreme graphics

Sony 16x54x32x54x CD-RW/DVD-RW Combo

On-Board gigabit LAN network Interface

View Sonic Internet/Office Keyboard, optical wheel mouse, and Speakers

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Total: $990.00

NOTE: This includes Parts, Labor, and Case

Well what do you guys think? I might also use nLIte to slim down my Home Edition if I end up doing this....

AMD 64 Processor....Which one?

1GB DDR??? 2x512MB or 4X256MB?

160GB Hard Drive....SATA or IDE.....2,8 or 16MB cache?

Case Brand? Power Supply?

Video?

Intel 945 Chipset is not for AMD CPUs!!!!!

Need more info.

Edited by rnielsen151

@Wicket20519

Forgot what it was nVidia x900? I think....

@ rnislesen151

AMD 64 Processor - Athlon

1GB DDR

Sata HarD Drive

Case- Unkown Power- Un know (Chooseing when I Get ti all finished)

nVidia.... x800? sound right I Donno he told me but I forget...

Intel 945 Chipset is not for AMD CPUs!!!!! <<< guy didnt Scratch it out he told me but again I forgot....

Edited by z0mbi3

So somebody's building this for you.

What's the speed on the Athlon Processor?

What's the model number of the sony dvd burner?

The motherboard is for P4's

The graphics's is Intel Xtreme graphics :puke: ,which you can't even play WC3 with.

Keyboard is not great either ( http://www.viewsonic.com/products/accessor...yboards/ku312/) ?

Edited by keytotime

I am gettin some kind of nVidia Card and uhh.... I donno remember much but the dudes hand writing looks like friggen Chicken Scratches... :( but I am going to review EVERYTHING before I make my FINAL Desicion

Not enough details. Sounds like you or him or both of you need to learn more about hardware before you decide on building a gaming machine. Onboard graphics? No f***ing way. If you're getting a 160GB HD, why not get 2 80GB SATAs and put them in Raid0? Much faster and better performance. try to get at least a GeForce 6600GT card. AMD CPUs are best for gaming. I will never get another Intel CPU. As far as RAM goes, you could get 2x1GB OCZ PC3200 Dual Channel for a pretty good price. That's my best bet. I'm getting an AMD 64 3700+ and will OC it to about 4400+ or so. As for PSUs, get an OCZ Modstream or PowerStream.

lol I am already over my Budget.... so... yeah and I am not gettin OnBoard Graphiczs I am gettin an nVidia.... s*** this guys hand writing sucks...... he told me and I cant remember (short term memory) :( So like I said before I am not 100% of putting all these parts on I might get better Parts I have not decied... like I said above...

If I may make a suggestion... build the computer yourself!

Buy all the parts that you need from NewEgg (since you're in the states), and when they arrive, put the whole thing together yourself. I did it myself for the first time last year, and I'll admit, it's a little nerve-racking the first time, but after that, it's a piece of cake.

There are several people here in the Hardware Hangout section that would be willing to help you get the best parts for your money, and also help with assembly instructions.

Not only will you learn something - you'll have the pride of having built it yourself, and you'll save yourself some money.

see, I would LOVE to put it together my self but I am afraid of f***ing something up.... i'd much rather have Someone else do it that knows what theredoing and not take the risk my self, although they mention I could watch them put it together and learn how to do it if I ever wanted to update the PC myself so in the end I think its better for them to put it together instead of me doing it.... but thanks for the support guys! :)

-Anthony

But that's exactly what I said... it's scary as hell the first time you do it... but it's worth it in the end.

There really isn't all that much that you can screw up, now that I think about it. All the plugs are uni-directional, meaning you can't plug them in backwards, and the golden rule is be gentle. The only part of the computer where you might need a semi-considerable amount of force is the RAM sticks. Everything else should be easy to plug together.

Trust me... it's much easier than it seems. :)

Hmm... I should find an old computer that I can take apart and then put back together just for demonstration... :P

I Just called the ppl at the store, they said they'd send a portion of Parts with me home at a time that way I wouldnt have all these peices laying around and gettin cOnfused.... I guess Ill try it when I get the $

Wish me luck... :)

I built a PC for the first time tonight and it went pretty smoothly. I built it pretty much entirely from the instructions that came with the motherboard. It looks technical to begin with, but once you get into it evrything just pops nicely into place, like putting a lego man together (maybe a little more complex but not much :) )

If the person is a friend maybe theyd help you out if with any questions if you need it (which you probably wont)

Edited by tomars