Networking Between XP to 98

syedali

Hello all guys!

I have a problem with Networking between WindowsXP and Windows98 with 2 systems.

I have a small office n/w with 20 computers.all the computers are connected to a Router using ethernet cards and share required data.The operating system MS Windows XP.But 21th system and 22st system running MS Windows 98.How to installing all system with network between a MS Windows98 and MS Windows XP systems.Any one give me helpfull suggestion.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...s/wxpwin9x.html

I know this site.How to connect XP to 98 But one problem is there i don't know how to connect another system.I am using one system to this method.But i want to connect one more system.Any one give me helpfull sugessions.

Best Regard

Syed ali

Yahoo's right, Assuming it's a peer-to-peer network (which was the kinda networking that made even Win 95 a dream) it should be a snap....

The only problem I've ever ran into was with Win2k/XP machines that used to be in a business environment and used to be part of a "domain".... even after I set it to "workgroup" mode and even created users on both computers with the same password, I still ran into road blocks...

But if your XP/2k machines have never been part of a domain, it should be easy......

Did you need to password protect any of the shares? If so, it might be a little tricky, but not too bad. If not.... just make sure "Simple Sharing" is turned on and you'll do fine.... just share the folders you need.....

Are you sharing printers too? If you want to share a printer local to XP to a 98 machine, and you want XP to serve the 98 machines printer drivers automagically, there's some tedious (but not too difficult) setup.....

So what are you trying to accomplish.... Which machines are holding the file shares....? Are there any printers involved? If so which OS has the printer attached? (or are you fortunate to have a true network printer?)

All machines we are using in NTFS only.

I connected one system Win98 to WinXP PCs it is working fine.But my problem is i want to connect one more system Winxp Network to win98.

Edited by syedali

All machines we are using in NTFS only.

I connected one system Win98 to WinXP PCs it is working fine.But my problem is i want to connect one more system Winxp Network to win98.

Is the "one more system" already physically on the network? Ethernet cables... etc..

If so, how are you obtaining an IP address? DHCP? manual entry? (I noticed the page you linked to showed that).

Can it get to the internet?

What's the "one system Win98" accomplishing that the "one more system" isn't?

Edited by JoeMSFN