Which version of Windows sucks the most?

.PsychoMerc.

Which version of Windows sucks the most?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Windows sucks the most?

• Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional Edition
    • Windows Longhorn M5
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows Blackcomb
    • Windows 95
    • DOS 6.22
    • Windows Server 2003

and Vista Sucks too.

Vista is unnecessary Luxury...

Actually, the same can be said for XP. Windows 2000 is my backup OS.

You don't have to worry about Windows Product Activation and Windows Genuine Advantage with Windows 2000.

The fact is, if one knows how to set up ME properly, it is the BEST Win9x OS. The crashes were caused by IE 5.5. Upgrading to IE6 fixes that. All Win9x OSes have the memory leak, so singling ME out for that reason is just plain stupid. If configured properly, ME can run rings around 98 and stay up for weeks without rebooting. I ran it for 5 years with absolutely no problems.

ME was the product of trying to rush out an update to Win9x, while the development team was concentrating on Win 2000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In all fairness, would someone please add Vista to that poll?

It's not fair, that Windows ME gets all the bad press. Spread it around a little. :rolleyes:

I built a PC in 2000 for a customer of mine and since ME was the latest and greatest OS at the time, that's what went on that PC.

Just a few months ago, 8 years later, I got that PC back, in payment for installing a whole new system for my customer.

It was still running just fine on Windows ME. Over the 8 years that PC has been running, I've kept it going with a new CD drive here and a floppy drive there, etc. Nothing serious.

Well, after all that time, Windows ME is still running like a champ! My customer never had any problems with it and I haven't either. I've since added some more ram and a much larger wattage PSU and it's a little Screaming Demon!

I cleaned and oiled the Thermaltake CPU cooler that was howling and it now runs as good as it did 8 years ago.

So I'd like to change my vote, from ME to Vista. Now there's a real hog! :angry:

Cheers Mates!

Andromeda B)