Which version of Windows sucks the most?

.PsychoMerc.

Which version of Windows sucks the most?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Windows sucks the most?

• Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional Edition
    • Windows Longhorn M5
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows Blackcomb
    • Windows 95
    • DOS 6.22
    • Windows Server 2003

Um you guys know that this thread was started in 2003 right?

and for the record

DOS 6.22 = not a version of windows so therefore shouldn't be in a list of windows OSes

Longhorn = Vistas codename

Blackcomb = AKA Windows 7

[conspiracy mode on]

but voting Longhorn up in this poll is rather pointless as everyone knows Windows ME was painstakingly designed to suck by master coders that wanted to make everyone to hate the 9x kernel. :D

don't believe me? just think about it. 95, 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista all got at least 1 service pack. Windows ME got none. this leads me to 2 possible conclusions:

1. Windows ME was so perfect it didn't require a service pack.

or

2. Windows ME was exactly what MS wanted it to be. a miserable failure.

[/conspiracy mode off]

wow, revival of such an old thread.

I actually don't like 3.x believe it or not. (which isn't even an option)

I made the jump from MS-DOS directly to 95, so having to run 3.1 felt so clunky, and still does to this day.

After 95, I jumped to XP, then back to 98 and now back on XP/Ubuntu dual boot. Missed out on ME, 2000 and don't know about Vista yet (planning on building a vista machine pretty soon, have the CDs required).

...and hey, didn't MS-DOS 6.22 have a useless shell available? Not that it was considered windows, but still.....

why is vista not on the list? i think it sucks the most. in school, i was helping a teacher install a digital microscope in Vista, and no matter what i did, it WOULD NOT install, even with the correct WinVista Drivers...it sucks

why is vista not on the list? i think it sucks the most. in school, i was helping a teacher install a digital microscope in Vista, and no matter what i did, it WOULD NOT install, even with the correct WinVista Drivers...it sucks

Probably because the poll was first started in 2003??? :huh:

This will be controversial but i used Windows ME and found it was great, i had 95 and 98 before and they were rubbish.

Went from ME to a brief encounter with 2000 before settling on XP Pro, which is where I'm staying until I'm dragged kicking and screaming into the cruddy "Vista Experience".

Vista needs to be laid to rest right now!

Pedro

This will be controversial but i used Windows ME and found it was great, i had 95 and 98 before and they were rubbish.

Went from ME to a brief encounter with 2000 before settling on XP Pro, which is where I'm staying until I'm dragged kicking and screaming into the cruddy "Vista Experience".

Vista needs to be laid to rest right now!

Pedro

Yeah you say controversial, I say crazy :blink: ME was beyond horrible. but to each his own. etc etc

Oh and for the record, AFAIK Vista has never been officially marketed as the 'Vista Experience' but the XP marketing campaign was 'eXPerience' which was mocked relentlessly by the same people that are currently clinging to its dying corpse.

Greetings,

I thought I would put my 2 cents worth on this and while I have only had Windows XP both versions and Windows 98se I would have to say for the learnability aspect I would go with 98se it doesnt have the quick fixes and available updates from Microsoft, they are easy enough to find elsewhere , if your not careful though it will let you delete things that are imparative to your system unlike XP that will block you from making HUGE deletes...learned that the hard way...this is a brilliant site and I have learned things in just the few hours from many different postings...you people are wicked smart...

so thank you..:)

I voted ME purely because DOS was taken away from the user. My personal favourite is 98SE and contrary to what has been said about startup files, I found that if you get the DOS right 98SE was VERY reliable. My wife has had XP Pro almost from when it was released and it has crashed spectacually several times. I very nearly scrubbed it off several times off my machine (Only Lucy stopped me). My machine went down and I had a fresh MoBo fitted so now I have to use that piece of crap (98SE in 16 colours @ 640*480 is just too painful) The new MoBo is a Biostar P4M900 which doesnt come with vid drivers for 98

I posted on this topic and as I reread it its written wrong, Its written like 98se sucks, what I meant it to say was I would have to go with 98se as the easiest and most user friendly I have never has ME but I have had XP both versions and I went back to my 98se beings I had screwed it up so many times I know it inside out and its very easy to navigate...