Which version of Windows sucks the most?

.PsychoMerc.

Which version of Windows sucks the most?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Windows sucks the most?

• Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional Edition
    • Windows Longhorn M5
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows Blackcomb
    • Windows 95
    • DOS 6.22
    • Windows Server 2003

...so the one i dislike the most is vista which makes it worst and there is nothing wrong with the 9x line

Right. 9x is perfect - except for a lack of multiprocessor support (and thus a lack of SMP support), lack of ACL support in the file systems nor the registry, nor any at the process level (thus user-mode applications can crash the whole system), lack of user permission levels, and only 64K of GDI and user-mode (desktop) heap compared to 3MB (default) in an NT-based OS (meaning I can't have as many applications open at once). I won't go into group policy and domain support, as that doesn't affect home users as much, and multi-user support in XP/Vista probably isn't as important to some home users as well.

i never said it was perfect i just siad that there wasnt much wrong with it, it depends what you want on a computer anyway

I won't go into group policy and domain support

9x supports domains, you can use poledit to write polices, its just xp and vista home that doesnt support it even though wfw 3.11 could connect to a domain

but use what you want not up to me

Edited by awergh

• 1 month later...

I chose windows 95 cause it lacks some dll's to run certain software.98 was a little better.98SE was great. ME with a few tweaks ran flawless for me.

The only thing I have against ME was that MS dropped project neptune (windows 2000 home) in favor of ME. A very bad move.

A friend of mine has to have the latest OS is using vista. He claims vista is the worst. I dont to ever use vista so I dont know if its true or not.

Edited by dirtwarrior

• 3 weeks later...
i never said it was perfect i just siad that there wasnt much wrong with it, it depends what you want on a computer anyway
I won't go into group policy and domain support

9x supports domains, you can use poledit to write polices, its just xp and vista home that doesnt support it even though wfw 3.11 could connect to a domain

but use what you want not up to me

XP Home and Vista Home don't support domains because they're sold to customers who don't need domains. Want domain support, get professional. It's not a limitation in the capabilities of the OS, it's a limitation imposed by the company intentionally. Poledit policies are nothing compared to what you get with Windows 2000 and up in the NT line, and the fact still remains that the 9x line was not truly multi-user. The NT line is much more stable and secure, regardless of whatever "features" you don't like.

May as well vote since it was revived for some reason. :P

Windows ME was the worst piece of crap for the 9x line that MS ever made. I also place an unofficial vote for Vista.

Since the poll is about Windows, why is DOS 6.22 listed??

Yeah Windows Vista sucks. Too bad this poll is old though. I could rant all day how bad Vista is, hardware requirements are way too much, its just stupid.

My major gripe with Vista was the out of memory error while copying files. A few (harsh) words were exchanged with a MS tech support person last February over it. Everything out of Redmond implies that every problem with Vista is the fault of the user and that what I experienced was not a bug but my own fault. It's funny how they release a patch for a major bug that didn't exist.

Edited by MrCobra

• 6 months later...