Which version of Windows sucks the most?

.PsychoMerc.

Which version of Windows sucks the most?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Windows sucks the most?

• Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional Edition
    • Windows Longhorn M5
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows Blackcomb
    • Windows 95
    • DOS 6.22
    • Windows Server 2003

Q: What do you call a stack of Windows ME CD's and a loaded shotgun?

A: A Skeet Shoot!

:lol::lol:

The restore feature was NO plus! It would store them dang'd restore files till they overflowed the HD and ran out on the floor. :realmad:

Some really great programmer wrote a nice little program to totally disable that feature and delete those dang'd files.

I've used that program many times with great success. In the few instances where that program would not load on a customer's PC, I did the job manually from a DOS boot disk.

Also, ME wouldn't let you shell out to DOS. Jus too much NT in it I guess. :}

Cheers,

Andromeda43

Windows NT 4. Reason no usb support officialy and no drect x and kernel upgrades. To many service packs. Prro video dectection. No regular safe mode.

When NT 4.0 was released there was no such thing as USB. As for DirectX it went up to version 5 I believe which was fine at the time; it was never a gaming OS anyway. NT 4 was light years ahead of any of the 9x line, so I find it difficult to think of it as being the worst Windows OS.

Why is Windows Blackcomb in the poll?? How could it be the worst windows version if it doesn't exist yet

Good question. That poll wasn't very well thought out. Windows 2000 isn't even on the list, nor is NT. Of course MS-DOS was not a version of Windows, and versions from the future definately shouldn't be on there. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded from Win98 SE to Me and had no real problems. Had some good features. Used it until last Sept. before getting a Notebook with XP as a stop gap till Vista.

But I think Me came too soon after Win98 SE and then XP - then a long gap to Vista.

I think us morons want a NEW OS every 5 years, but an eye-candy and bug fix, with extra features every two-and-a-half-years.

Whereas business doesn't want to upgrade for five years.

* I voted for DOS 6.22 but I didn't mind trying to learn that. It came with the 1st

second hand computer I bought for $500.00.

But what would I have done without XTree Gold as my Explorer !!!!

A long time before I had been able to use at work and borrow C/PM.

But when I saw Windows 95 :wub::wub::wub:

PS. I wouldn't buy Windows XP because on the lock!!! So there.. (I would like to put the OS on my old PC, no matter how slow. Just to even things out.) But they get you in the end!

• 2 weeks later...

My vote goes to XP Home. I used it for 1 1/2 years, and I HATED IT!! Of course, that was when I was for the most part, computer illiterate, but still it was terrible. This was when my family didn't have cable internet, so I was stuck with 26.4k, BlackIce Firewall, and NAV 2002. Those three things lead to a frickin hoard of viruses and adware. My friend hacked me 4 times over the course of a year. I finally got windows 2000 pro in the fall of 2003 and it ran like crap on my laptop, but it was much better than xp home. After a while, I sold that laptop and built a desktop with the sole intention of putting windows 98SE on it. This was in 2004, so it was getting hard to find hardware with 98se compatible drivers. Windows 98SE has run perfectly on my system. It boots in seconds, it doesn't crash that much, and I've never gotten a virus on it. In fact, I never got a virus on windows 3.0/3.1/95/98 or Me. I have gotten several viruses on XP Home, 2000 Pro and XP Pro. Though I tend to have a lineage of bad luck on NT based OS's. XP Home NEVER, 98SE FOREVER!! (XP Pro is still ok.)

• 3 weeks later...