Which version of Windows sucks the most?

.PsychoMerc.

Which version of Windows sucks the most?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Windows sucks the most?

• Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional Edition
    • Windows Longhorn M5
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows Blackcomb
    • Windows 95
    • DOS 6.22
    • Windows Server 2003

• 3 weeks later...

Windows 98SE has been a major pain in my a** for a long time on my old computer. I did a fresh install and got a new hard drive and it still is a POS. I love XP.

Every time I start the old comp up I get the message that vspf_hk.vxd is missing from the registry on Sys INI. I can't get that to stop. Once it starts up, it still freezes. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

i dunno if ME really sucked all that bad. Let me tell you a little story:

In January 2001 my dad bought a Dell Dimension 4100 with Windows ME on it for me. To tell you the truth, I had less problems using it than when I used Windows 98. The only error messages came up maybe at most once a month, if even that. Also, ME has all the fixes included, unlike 98. It ran all my games just fine. I think 98 crashed two times when I used it and had to reload all the apps.

The only bad part about ME was installing drivers off the web. If that driver was corrupted in any sort of way, ME wouldn't boot. But that was my error :whistle:

I enjoyed using it for 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Voted for ME since there were many troubles as a tech support for my friends e.t.c..

But personally, I didin't like Windows 95 as it trasshed my whole system down when I was writing a report that was 98% finished on the day when I turn it in. THat day really sucked... I then returned to Windows 3.1(or was it 3.11) for a while until Windows 98 came.

But, DOS is still great!

Heh, I'm the only one voting down Longhorn :P

In my opinion ME can be a good OS if you have knowledge to make it so.

Compared to 98 it has decent driverbase, some security, system restore, and is reasonable lightweight.

But Longhorn.... :blink:

I once went over to a friend's to help him resolve some issues with his home network. He'd agreed in advance that if I fixed his stuff, he'd give me this extra ATX case he had. And I needed another case, so it was a good deal.

Anyway, I go over there and am able to get his home network up and running without too much fuss. So, he goes and grabs a cd binder he has, fishes out a friggin' Windows ME cd, and says "Here, I have an extra one of these, and it's worth more than a case anyway". I just love it when people change the deal. :angry: When I left, I hummed the friggin' CD out my window and into someone's yard as I drove down the street. ME is a garbage OS if there ever was one.

And of course, I don't help that friend with his computer problems anymore :no:

- Ravashaak