Windows 2000 SP4 updates and hotfixes

Tomcat76

I did several tests with Windows 2000 over the past few days and can't confirm any of this. Windows Update is completely clean (both MDAC 2.5 SP3 tests and MDAC 2.8 SP1 tests). Could I see your HFSLIP.LOG? Have you tried redownloading those two hotfixes?

This I don't get too well:

even Nlite failed to install the updates after the fact.
Are you nLiting your source or did you try nLite as an alternative (and it failed likewise)? If the latter, I have a strong suspiscion something is wrong with the hotfix executables.

I tried Nlite on the HFSLIP modified W2K folder to see if it could add the 2 remaining updates, but got the same results. And when I test installed the 2 updates that didn't integrate properly did install successfully on the machine just running them from the desktop (or windows update, I've been wiping and reinstalling quite a few times trying to get this right). so the files themselves work, and if no one else has this problem I can only guess offhand that I'm missing something I'm doing wrong.

txt version of my log file attached.

HFSLIP.TXT

@wrulab, you need to use the latest version of HFSLIP, released on June 28. Some, if not many, of the hotfixes you have, including KB917344 and KB911562, are only supported by HFSLIP_60624 and later. The May 28th version, for example, does not support aolsupp.exe and the new Windows Script 5.6 (WindowsXP-Windows2000-Script56-KB917344-x86-enu.exe).

Also, for your DirectX CAB files, only BDANT.CAB and DXNT.CAB are supported for Windows 2000. The rest are ignored by HFSLIP. On the same note, for the extra DX9c gaming binaries, only those that are named [date]_d3dx9_[number]_x86.cab are processed by HFSLIP. You can delete the rest of the DX CABs that you placed in HFCABS.

Ahhh... that was it! I had only recently found HFSLIP and thought I had the latest version. Thanks for the help.

Now I can move on to making mistakes making perfect XP discs, heh.

:thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

@Tomcat: 896422 is replaced by 917159 and the Rollup.

896422 has srvsvc.dll 5.0.2195.6697 and srv.sys 5.0.2195.7044.

917159 has srv.sys 5.0.2195.7087

The Rollup has srvsvc.dll 5.0.2195.6930.

the_guy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...