Integration of program in I386

Hello, Afflicted my English.

Veiled I would like integrer in the file I386 maxthon (or another program), and I wanted to know which was the file has to modify in this file so that my files settle in good the files. and I do not want to use a file oem, I know that that is possible but I do not find the solution. Is this file ini or inf has editer Thank you for your assistance

Your English is fine, but you didn't really explain what you need :) It's also not clear why you don't want to use $OEM$ folders. If you absolutely don't want to use them, fine, you can install software from CD. The first two methods from this list will do the job.

I do not want to use file oem :( . I am explained. With for example Internet explorer. When one install xp one that that is finished Internet exploring is in in a file c:\programm files\internet explorer. When one looks in the I386 file of Cd all the corresponding file are compressed. Me I want to make the same thing with Maxthon. I taken all the files of maxthon which I compressed and which I put in the I386 file now I would like that once the finished install it is in programm files. I know that it must have a file has editer but which inf or other.

Not 100% sure what you want, but if you use NLite here's an integration method people use.

Integrate Addons

At the bottom of the first post there is a "How To Create New ProgramAddons" section.

While I have not personally done this, I have used some of the ones link and they seem to work fine.

If this isn't what you're looking for sorry.

Hello Bruno, if i understand the converstion at all i think you are trying to add a program to your windows install cd so that when you install windows the program gets installed? am i close? anyway if you are interrested i would recommend you research hfslip as this works great, i am currently researching another method "runonceex" and i am not having much luck.

I hope this helps,

Briar

Ok, if the above message is right, check this out.

1) http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.php

2) Maxthon uses nullsoft installer which uses the switches /S for silent installation, /NCRC to suppress the CRC (verification) step, and /D=dir to specify the "output directory", which is where the program will be installed.

3) if you research hfslip, it will tell you step by step how to do what you want.

Good Luck and if you have any trouble, let us know.

Briar

I thank you for your assistance and these method I know them.

I think that I was badly made include/understand I found the file in the I386 file which launches the inf for installation of program it is syssetup.inf and syssoc.inf with layout.inf but

I did not understand too much because that especially has me the air to be a little complicated that I must make a special inf for maxthon.

I think that for the moment I will keep the method of ryan Thank you has you. But I am always has your provision for any method which you will find thank you

What about creating a silent installer and having it installed via SVCPACK?

1) Download the Maxthon Compiler, extract it to a folder of choice (using 7-zip or WinRAR) and read howto.txt for instructions; they're in English and in French.

(Téléchargez "Maxthon Compiler" et enlevez le contenu de cette archive dans un nouveau dossier (utilisant 7-zip ou WinRAR). Suivez les instructions dans le fichier "howto.txt"; j'éspère qu'ils sont au moins compréhensibles :P )

2) Make a folder called SVCPACK inside I386. Copy the silent installer into SVCPACK.

(Crééz un dossier nommé SVCPACK dans le dossier I386. Copiez le programme d'installation silencieux dans SVCPACK.)

3) Delete SVCPACK.IN_ from I386 and create a new file SVCPACK.INF with this:

(Enlevez le fichier "SVCPACK.IN_" de I386 et crééz un nouveau fichier appelé "SVCPACK.INF" contenant le suivant:)

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="i386\SVCPACK"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
maxthon.exe

If you're using the Combo package, change "maxthon.exe" to "maxthonc.exe" under [setupHotfixesToRun].

(Si Maxthon Combo est utilisé au lieu de Maxthon Standard, remplacez "maxthon.exe" avec "maxthonc.exe" sous [setupHotfixesToRun]).

Edited by Tomcat76

This method is the premiere that I used

Of aillor I still make use of it for my key of register.

Cette methode est la premiere que j'ai utilisé

D'ailleur je m'en sers encore pour mes clé de registre.

Nothing turns badly.

What I seek it is integrate maxthon in I386 the file I compressed them as that Maxthon.ex _ then it is necessary that I make a file inf so that that install like Internet explorer to be explored

which him install by the file shell.inf. I have almost reussi but it is the short cut which I do not to arrive has to make install in menu start\program, and the variable are not the same one only on the winnit.sif file:( .

(Rien ne tourne mal.

Ce que je cherche c'est integrer maxthon dans I386 les fichier.

Je les ai compressé comme cela Maxthon.ex_ ensuite il faut que je fasse un fichier inf,

pour que cela s'install comme internet explorer qui lui s'install par le fichier shell.inf.

J'ai presque reussi mais c'est le raccourci que je n'arrive pas à faire à installer dans le menu demarrer\programme, et les variable ne sont pas les meme que sur le fichier winnit.sif :( .

)