minesweeper

BAH

Guest LouCypher

You click on a square, it either has a mine in it or it doesn't. If it does, game over. If it doesn't, it will have a number. The number is the mines touching that square. You try to guess where the mines are by what the number is, and clear the board. If you right click on the square it will toggle the flag, which lets you flag mines.

It comes down to some guy at M$ was bored and said "Lets stick a game in windows that will annoy the p*** out of everyone and that has no meaning". So there you go....minesweeper was created....Just go pushing buttons and hope they are the right ones....whoooo hoooo how fun.:):rolleyes::D

-XPerties

What most people probably don't know about Minesweeper is that once you flag the correct number of mines beside a number, you can click both mouse buttons (left and right at the same time) on any other numbers nearby that also have the correct number of mines beside them, which sometimes clears a lot of the unknown squares away.

Starting the game is the hardest part, since you just have to click around and hope that enough squares are cleared for you to start flagging.

Example: 7 of the squares surrounding a number 1 are cleared, the remaining square is a mine. Right-click it to flag it, then click both mouse buttons simultaneously on any other 1s beside that mine.

Eventually you notice patterns that allow you to flag a fair number of mines at once. If you do a two-click on a number that doesn't have enough flagged mines next to it, nothing happens and you don't have to worry about losing accidentally.

Hope that helps :)

Figures my first post on these boards would be about Minesweeper, but ya gotta start somewhere.:spaced

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a cheat, maybe you can figure out the math and get back to us.

:cool:

1. Enter Minesweeper, and type "xyzzy"(No quotes).

2. Press the left shift key.

3. Look at the top-left most pixel on the entire screen. To see this pixel, you have to minimize or shrink Program manager, since this changing pixel resides on the background wallpaper. When the pointer in on a mine the pixel will turn color.

I.e. Black background pixel turns white