[How-to] - Windows XP Gamer's Edition

Aegis

You must be very well connected then :D

And sure, i'll take some SSs later and post em on imageshack or something. It might be cause i tested it on my new gaming laptop I got for christmas ^^

Edit:

Tried it on my desktop, it's an alienware with a Samsung monitor. Even though the Geforce card in the computer is capable of resolutions up to 2048, the screen on the computer itself says cannot display when you try to go over 1024x768 even with double dpi on. So my laptop must just be cool like that :D

It don't support resolutions higher than 1024x768 without turning down the refresh rate.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

my input:

taskmaneger: everyone can use to get to their files, it dose however use quite alot of ram for such little.

cmd.exe: some users may not be very comfortable with usage, hard to get to files if you do not know were they are, easy to use once familerized with.

windows explorer:

taskbar mode: everyone knows it, but withought a theme it could use better looks.

explorer mode: is easy to get around with and open files, dosent realy offer a task killer if a program/game frezes also lacks system control(shutdown,restart,logoff)

out of all thos areas to look at i would go wtih taskmaneger for a defualt and make it realy easy to switch to the users choice.

also be aware thos arent the only shells on this platform. there are free, well supported alternatives. some i could say run better then explorer.

No he means progman.exe. I think that's a 16-bit app that dates back to Windows 3.0 :P. Dunno why so many people like it...If you want to use it as a shell, just edit the Registry. I can't support it because it's 16-bit and by default, GE won't have 16-bit support (we're already moving on to 64-bit :P).

winamp needs some dlls, i havnt tried to fix it yet as ive just gotten sound to work, but winamp should work once i get the dlls in there

ive got all of the standard MS codecs in there...

vlc works fine but aegis said that he will try to get some nvidia media player in there