[How-to] - Windows XP Gamer's Edition

Aegis

12V plug into a 5V plug? Was it a standard molex or what? I've always done that when I wanted a fan to rotate slowly...

Anyways, I can't wait til January 6th :D

Can you give some infos about the size and functions of GE?

GreetZZ 3-R4Z0R

heh, I just want to see 22MB

got a screenshot?

:P

oh, looks to me like, your just a slightly smaller microwinX now.

heh, if ur idenitical, ima laugh @ you

Edited by gdogg

@gdogg

Heh told you the size would grow ;). Expect it to grow by, oh let's just say 100MB or so. And then expect it to start shrinking. Won't tell you anymore than that :P. But let's just say that even if you do have the smaller install, mine will be much more functional and customizable.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of my potential users are thrown away by the increasing size, but let me assure you that it will shrink, although not as drastic as 20MB :(.

Edited by Aegis

What rating? Thread rating? You shouldnt worry about it Aegis. Functionality is important as well as size. If you can get a fully functional XP in the min size as is physically possible I think more people will lean that way than just an uber small XP with nothing that can be done on it.

Hey Aegis, I just wanted to say props to what your doing here, i'm gonna use it when your beta comes out.

Also wanted to vote for:

World of Warcraft

Warcraft III

CS 1.5

Is it possible to have wireless functionality in it?

Oh, and what are the specs on your new computer?

--Sofer

I agree with Suryad, even if the size is around 100 - 150 or so it won't be bad.. and would rather use a system that can still be used.. insted of one that only has 1 function... to make the windows sounds go off..

@gdogg

Heh told you the size would grow ;). Expect it to grow by, oh let's just say 100MB or so. And then expect it to start shrinking. Won't tell you anymore than that :P. But let's just say that even if you do have the smaller install, mine will be much more functional and customizable.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of my potential users are thrown away by the increasing size, but let me assure you that it will shrink, although not as drastic as 20MB :(.

yes, true, but I never said it would be functional, just the most secure, and lite, but mine will work with anything people want, just add it back, lol

steam works in microwinX so far, with a 1Mb patching, so its all good, we both followed a different path.

with your old project, I was the more functional, since I had a GUI still.

Hmm, well...I see you are debating about sizes on your creations.

So it turns out now that if you wanna keep this and that and still have compatibility you get a footprint of closer to 100mb than 50mb.

the biggest criteria was for me to fit the OS on dedicated storagespace..lets say a 128mb usb memory (or 64mb)...

So if you strip it to a minimum why don't you use w2k as a base instead?

@Sofer

Stats can be found in Hardware Forums under topic of "New Computer". There will be wireless functionality.

@Gdogg

Did I say that this one has a GUI ;)?

@Clint

You'll see why when I release a beta. Beta's not going to make the January 6th deadline though. I'm not going to rush it.