Full read/write access to NTFS drives on win9x?

TooMuchFreeTime

I'm sure this has been asked before but how can I access NTFS drives with win9x?

I know that win9x cannot be installed on NTFS drive and does not support NTFS drives normally but I have heard of programs claiming to give full read/write access to NTFS drives... and I have a floppy disk that allows me to access NTFS drives in DOS.

Can anyone recommend some of these programs and confirm that they give full read/write access to NTFS drives?

Only reason I'm asking this is the fact FAT32 doesnt support files larger than 4GB...

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.

...for the hmmmth time:

Sysinternals NTFSDOS is READ only

Datapol NTFS4DOS is read/write and much smaller:

http://www.datapol.de/dpe/freeware/

You will probably have some problems with long filenames, though.

Alternatively there are COMMERCIAL programs.

Search the forum for "NTFS4DOS" to find more comments and related topics.

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure this has been asked before but how can I access NTFS drives with win9x?

I know that win9x cannot be installed on NTFS drive and does not support NTFS drives normally but I have heard of programs claiming to give full read/write access to NTFS drives... and I have a floppy disk that allows me to access NTFS drives in DOS.

Can anyone recommend some of these programs and confirm that they give full read/write access to NTFS drives?

Only reason I'm asking this is the fact FAT32 doesnt support files larger than 4GB...

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.

Winternals NTFS4DOS PROfessional 5.0 gives you FULL READ/WRITE access to NTFS partitions..

It may work to load up the drivers before win98 launches so u can access+write all ntfs partitions in windows

as well..

If the reason you want NTFS is because you want files to be bigger than 4Gb, I don't think it can be done. With that commercial driver mentioned you might be able to read/write to NTFS drives, but you'll still only be able to read/write files less than 4Gb. This is because Windows 9x predominantly uses 32-bit values to store file sizes internally.