Batch file that auto updates anti-spyware programs?

cumminbk

Alright i tried hitman pro for a while and and i was impressed with how with the click of a button it would search for updates for Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware. I was just wondering if anyone had a method where they could put the commands into a batch that could be run and would automaticly search for updates for these three programs, download them, and apply them to the programs. And prehaps even perform a scan afterward? Thoughts anybody?

Two are really easy, the other isn't as Spyware Blaster's Autoupdate is a subscription service, for that you could use AutoIT.

Spybot:

spybotsd.exe /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoclose /autoimmunize

Ad-Aware:

Ad-Aware.exe /smart +mru +update +auto

This might sound like overkill but using DOS to grab updates over the internet (and compare them to current files you already have) isn't the best solution and under most cases, won't work at all.

I'd recommend you install .Net 2.0 framework and get the current beta of Monad (the upcoming unix style shell for Windows) which gives you a verbose scripting language with deep access into the registry and lots of great features.

Then you can write scripts to do anything you want very slickly such as retrieving updates, extracting them from ZIP/EXE, pushing them into a folder, and close & restart an application if needed.

Edited by Rhelic