dotnet framework 2.0..

or is just installing 2.0 sufficent to run apps that need either 1.1 or 2.0...

Yes, you need to install 1.1 and 2.0 if you want both to work on your system - they're not interchangeable or backwards-compatible. In the future, you may want to do a quick search of the boards before posting, as this has been answered a few times already here - and you probably would've had your answer quicker. Just an FYI.

Edited by cluberti

Each Framework is independent of each other. ie 1.0, 1.1, 2.0

When 1.1 came out, people needed both 1.0, and 1.1. After a while of time just 2.0 should be fine. The easiest way to find out is run your .NET programs under just 2.0, and if they work just use that.

You will always be safe if you have all three versions installed.

How many years has it been since developers had to worry about your disk space? :rolleyes:
Yeah; half of the space is now taken up by the Framework... :D

I think it's ridiculous. I only need .NET 1.1 for SoundForge 8 (which I need because it can save audio files in the QMusic Design format, which in turn allows me to ditch QuickTime Pro in favor of QuickTime Alternative) so it's actually a waste of space. ATi does the right thing for its Catalyst drivers by providing two versions of the program: one with and one without .NET requirement.

• 2 weeks later...