User Theme Support?

coyotewrw

Are there any plans to have XPize support user-created "themes"?

It seems to me it has the potential to be a very powerful and comprehensive platform for a total transformation of a person's XP environment, much more so than simply changing visual styles, icons, cursors, etc. in programs such as StyleXP or IconPackager.

It seems that using XPize to assign the modifications could replace the traditional method of reshacking the files directly. Just a thought... :)

I think hes talking about using the installer to make your own packs similar to BricoPacks and XPize and FlyakiteOSX etc

Exactly. As nice as the Royale theme is, it's not my cup of tea. I prefer to mix and match my icons, visual styles, etc. from different artists, and I was just thinking that XPize has the potential to be a really good engine for that, instead of manually reshacking everything.

Like I said, it was just a thought. I was just wondering if XPero and other MSFN members had considered the idea.

Regardless, XPize is a very fine app. :)

A Shell Pack Maker using XPize engine to create new custom shell packs...It was in mind, but I decided not to start that project. It will take a long time to be developed, and by the time it is released, Vista would be here. Anyway, let me think more about it. :)

A Shell Pack Maker using XPize engine to create new custom shell packs...It was in mind, but I decided not to start that project. It will take a long time to be developed, and by the time it is released, Vista would be here.

Not all people will switch to Vista, because they like XP or simply don't have the money for Vista.

Vista doesn't have to mean the end of XPize ;)

A Shell Pack Maker using XPize engine to create new custom shell packs...It was in mind, but I decided not to start that project. It will take a long time to be developed, and by the time it is released, Vista would be here.

Not all people will switch to Vista, because they like XP or simply don't have the money for Vista.

Vista doesn't have to mean the end of XPize ;)

I agree completely, Martijn.

Thanks for responding, XPero. I'm happy to see you're at least open to the idea. :) I guess I'm just missing the old Desktop Architect from the Win9x days of yore, lol.