Completed Windows Autoruns

Hi i just got done modding one of the StartCD.exe files with Restorator 2007 so i could change the ICON if the StartCD.exe i would also like to Change the name of the INI where the settings are..

Is this possable @ all ??

Heres MINE

Windows_Setup_exe_by_R3verseEngin33r.jpg

Edited by R3verseEngin33r

I want to edit/modify Setup.exe of Original XP CD, how do I do this?

P.S. I have tried using resource hacker. But, I dont know how to edit the stirings for Setup.exe file, so that it can match how I wanted to match to my own.

P.S. I have tried using resource hacker. But, I don't know how to edit the stirings for Setup.exe file, so that it can match how I wanted to match to my own.

I was after doing the same thing myself only to find as much as you edit the setup.exe with resource hacker

you are still very limited to what you can change..

one you have all your images replaced, your still unable to change the background color...

I was told about this page and i'm now using StartCD.exe which can be customized alot better

so i would suggest using the StartCD.exe this is very simple to edit..

The main config file can be edited with notepad and has alot more flexibility..

Explain alittle more what you would like to change about the setup.exe :thumbup

Peace ~~

P.S. I have tried using resource hacker. But, I don't know how to edit the stirings for Setup.exe file, so that it can match how I wanted to match to my own.

I was after doing the same thing myself only to find as much as you edit the setup.exe with resource hacker

you are still very limited to what you can change..

one you have all your images replaced, your still unable to change the background color...

I was told about this page and i'm now using StartCD.exe which can be customized alot better

so i would suggest using the StartCD.exe this is very simple to edit..

The main config file can be edited with notepad and has alot more flexibility..

Explain alittle more what you would like to change about the setup.exe :thumbup

Peace ~~

These bottom is what i wrote in this forum before:

Does anyone know how to do this?

I am talking about modifying the XP CD: Like I put XP CD, it runs and shows up the some screens and want change the strings in the CD.

What I want to do is/are:

1. Delete the text string, "Learn more about the setup process," and its related page(s) and text string(s).

2. Delete the text string, "Check systemPut the text string, and its related page(s) and text string(s).

3. Put the text string, "Install Windows XP" text string that goes second page that has various strings

versions of XPs.

4. Put the text string, "Perform addtional tasks", under "Install Windows XP" text string

and its related page(s) and text string(s).

5. Put the text string, "Boot from UBCD for Windows", under "Perform addtional tasks" text string.

6. Put the text string, "Boot from Hard Drive", under "Boot from UBCD for Windows" text string.

7. Put the text string, "Reboot", under "Boot from Hard Drive" text string.

And in case nobody understands what I'm saying, I attach the screenshot what I mean.

This screenshot is edited by me, using paint, so that I can show what i mean by it. This screenshot is what I wanted to change to.

post-143174-1194560693_thumb.jpg

Edited by ajy0903

• 1 month later...

Hey.

Hi all.

Thanks for helping me giving advise for making Autorun DVD.

I finally have made it.

Yay~~~~~~~~~.

I know I haven't completed "COMPLETELY", but, like 99% done.

Now days, I'm soooooooooo busy.

So, when I have time, I will post here what I made of screenshot.

Updates: Here you go. I finally managed to have time to upload what i made of. But dont know wether i can put it here or not....... If not, just delete

this post. Ok? I will put them as attachment in zip file.

Screenshots.zip

Edited by ajy0903

I just sow this amazing autorun's so I decided to modify one. I hope original author don't have anything against it. I give him all credit.

This autorun is originally made by nfiniteFX and it is posted here.

Here is same autorun, just a little modified and it's made with latest AutoPlay Media Studio.

post-127541-1199036621_thumb.jpg

post-127541-1199036648_thumb.jpg

post-127541-1199036662_thumb.jpg

Autorun files

Project files - AutoPlay Media Studio 7.0

Enjoy!

Cheers ;)

@Mazin

Is there anyway to make your StartCD exit after executing your selection?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, Resource Hacker told me all I needed to know and more :)

Edited by kof94

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can I make the different options display information about the option when the mouse hovers on any option? For example: Install / Upgrade Windows option

Choose the upgrade option to automatically upgrade your current version of Windows. Upgrading preserves your installe dprograms, data files and existing computer settings Choose the New Installation option to replace Windows or to install on a separate disk / partition. Existing programs, data files and settings will be lost.

During upgrade / new installation it is normal for your system to restart a few imes and for the screen to go blank for a short while.

Jen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...