Best house xmas lights ever....

ceez

That's fantastic. My brother showed me that on a few days ago. We argued over how it was done. He thought it was done in real time. I think it is some serious and very well thought out video editting. Either way, it's a winner.

DL

That's fantastic. My brother showed me that on a few days ago. We argued over how it was done. He thought it was done in real time. I think it is some serious and very well thought out video editting. Either way, it's a winner.

DL

actually, having electronics as my second hobby, i'm pretty sure it was done with a PIC chip (Programable Integrated Circuit.. the old Playstation Modchips were Pic12c508 or Pic12c509 chips)... or a Basic Stamp Microcontroller. these chips are basically programmable processors that you program using a language sush as Basic.. then with all the relays connected you can turn them on and off (think of a flashlight..)

so all he would've had to do was make up a schematic for the relays. I'm pretty sure it was done with a Basic Stamp Chip so in his code, he would start the music, then at specific times turn on or off specific relays.. to get the effect.

with all the stuff out there, i'm estimating it was about 38 relays..

Edited by Bi0haZarD

@Bi0haZarD Well, I'll have to take your word for it. 38 looks about right, maybe a few more. I went back and watched it a couple time more, hoping to see something extra like stars. Not much luck. Too poor a quality to make much out. On your side, there is a light on the left of the house that blinks quite regularly and there were two sets of lights (very faint) that were spaced apart and apeared a couple of seconds apart above the house (airplanes?). Then there is the small light above the star that was irregular. But I think that the light on the left side of the house clinches it. It would be extremely difficult to get all the lights flashing at the right time for the music and get the light on the left to blink regularly. Chips ftw.

DL

Yea i saw that on my 6:00 news too. The guy had a whole control system, it was like a whole room filled with switches, wires, etc. The fact that it was syncro with the music is what awes me. The guy must of spent a fortune. :blink:

It must of been a nightmare setting all that computer stuff up and getting everything right and working right, allthough the music went good with it. but he had to pull the plug becasue there was too many car accidents (fender Benders) from people looking at it and then that person stop to look and the second person stop to look at it too and slams into the first and next thing you know it becomes a chain reaction. But I cant wait until next year to see what he dose.

Edited by computerMan