IntelliPoint software on Server 2003?

Is there a way to install the Intellipoint software on Sever 2003? I have an M$ Optical mouse and I would like to be able to program the extra buttons again. I really miss being able to use those buttons. I tried installing the software and recieved an error message saying that it is not supported on my current OS. Is there a workaround for this or anyone know if this will be supported in a future version of IntelliPoint?

Thanks!

I am also wondering something similar. I want to setup Windows Server 2003 on my workstation, because most of my work is in development (I play games rarely now, and can sort all that out later). I own the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo, and love this keyboard and mouse. When I attempted to install the drivers, I got an invalid OS messagebox that closed the installation. So then I tried compatibility mode, and still no go. Does anyone know of a way to make this keyboard and mouse work (Even the bluetooth enumerator driver won't properly install). This is the only thing keeping me from converting.

• 3 weeks later...

..where oh where? I gotta GOTTA have this work..I am running win2k3 and NEED these drivers anyone figured

out where or why the ones on MS site do NOT work? Its a freakin MS product isn't it YIKES!

any help here would be appreciated!

-B-

I found away to make it work. And installed the software. Here is how. All i did was download InstallShield Developer 8.0 Trial. I extracted the files of the intellipoint software to the desktop for easy location. I edited the file IP4_1.msi which is the installer with Developer 8 and removed the Install conditons under "General Information -> Product Properties" Should delete all 7. The I Navigated to "Behavior and Logic -> Custom scripits" and deleted all of those. To my knowledge the customs scripts auto detect the mouse you are using and it seems incap. with Win2k3. Then i saved the file. Keep in mind i left the file in the directory it came from.

But i have found out the if you use the setup.exe it wont work you must install using IP4_1.msi installer. I also used this on Intellitype pro and it worked. I want to add this isnt a hack or anything so i didnt attach a file. Also if this breaks fourm rules i appoligize i only wanted to share something i have found out myself.

After all knoweledge is uless unless its shared. :blushing:

..this doe NOT WORK

It does allow the semblance that they drivers are installing but upon rebooting the driver remains the standard mouse driver, the intellipoint services are NOT running and the diagnostic utility states that intellipoint is NOT installed. Any one else? that seemed like a great Idea at least it got us past the message that these drivers were not for this OS. I find it really hard to belive that these drivers work under XP but NOT under 2003..its all a big conspiracy..this is the one thing keeping unhappy about 2003.

Well MS has already said that they don't work and they are "working" on it. So i would expect an update sometime soon. Can't find the link atm but if i come across it i will edit the post.

I found this out when i was having probs with my intellimouse software and had a conflict with the Logitech joystick software which made my mouse dissapear in the intellimouse software.

I actually got the info from a newsgroup and a MS rep gave an answer..heres the log...

There is no current Intellipoint update available for Win2003 Server.  I

wouldn't expect it for a while.  You'll need to use the default Windows

drivers.

--

Steve Sullivan, MVP

Microsoft Hardware Products

"Oscar Molin" <oscarmolin@telia.com> wrote in message

news:OKDQQcuHDHA.3056@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> Where can I get intellimouse driver set for windows 2003 server?  I tried

> using the ones for windows xp on it but they don't work.

> I want to have the latest 4.12 and not the one that came with the

operating

> system.

> All options are not available in the mouse setting program on that older

> version they shipped with windows 2003

>

>

That was posted ono 5/20/03....so sounds like u shouldn't hold ur breath....

SupaFly