Sorry Everyone

Hi all,

In the October screenshots thread I had promised some members that I would write a tutorial for ShortPopUp menus. I was going to do this while my gf was visiting, in the first week of Nov.

Unfortunately, just before our month-long Thanksgiving vacation, SMART Disk informed me that my notebook's HD was going to crash. I quickly backed everything up and a couple of days later the HD took a total nosedive. I had major geek withdrawals, but my gf wasn't exactly bummed that I wouldn't have my favorite toy to play with while on holiday. :P

I decided to wait until my gf went back home after Thanksgiving to rebuild the system with a new HD. Long story short, it's gonna be awhile before I can do any hobby-related stuff. My apologies to those that have been waiting for the tutorial.

I don't know how long until I'll be able to do it, but the author of the app has written a fine tutorial of his own and has always been very friendly and timely in answering questions. If you have a basic knowledge of editing INI files, it's really not that difficult. I'll also TRY to answer any PMs.

On a related note, check out the a**-f**king Compaq wanted to give me on replacing an 18 month old (a mere six months out of warranty!) dead Toshiba MK6021GAS 60GB HD:

Compaq's Price : $336.00 + tax + shipping

American Design Components' Price : $78.00, no tax, free UPS Ground (I paid for overnight which brought the total price to $101.00)

Next time, I think I'll look into getting a custom-built notebook from a small vendor rather than support corporate greed.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Edited by coyotewrw

• 2 months later...