IIS & PHP configuration

My server setup: Win2k, IIS5.0, PHP 4.0.10 running as ISAPI

Problem 1: PHP.ini settings ignored. Not too sure how to address this one. I've tried changing some settings in the PHP.ini file. Some just do not seem to take.

Example ~ there's a setting called SMTP that tells PHP what server to use. I change from the default, "localhost", to "smtp.mydomain.com" and reboot, but phpinfo() still shows localhost.

Problem 2 ~ SENDMAIL_FROM is a setting that's supposed to be a global “From” for PHP to use in case individual scripts don't specify that email header. Making a change in php.ini and rebooting doesn't make a difference in what phpinfo() shows, which is nothing! PHP.ini settings can be overridden by a function call from individual scripts, but they have to be overridden from each script that needs the functionality.

Is there a better way to force PHP to use all the settings in the PHP.ini file?

Thanks for your assistance !!!

Problem 1: PHP.ini settings ignored. Not too sure how to address this one. I've tried changing some settings in the PHP.ini file. Some just do not seem to take.

Where is the PHP.ini located??

Should be within the %systemroot%

If not it should be within the same directory as php.exe (i believe, it's been a while since i've had to config IIS for PHP)

2 Links that will help you out

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.manual.php

You also shouldn't have to reboot for changes to the PHP.INI to take effect. PHP.EXE is loaded and reads the PHP.INI each time a new request is made to IIS. Making changes to the PHP.INI and doing a page refresh on your phpinfo() page should show the changes right away.