Broswer?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Broswer Do You Prefer

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Opera
    • Ace Explorer
    • Netscape

I've been using IE 5.0 for nearly 6 years with no problems of adware/spyware/popups etc.

That's because I secure it for Internet zone (*everything* that could potentially cause harm is disabled) and add only sites that I trust to Trusted Sites Zone (almost everything enabled).

Tried the latest Opera recently. The configuration is confusing and less configurative than IE.

Tried FF too... it seems slower than IE.

Must admit I've never tried Opera....

Before I discovered Firefox/Firebird/Phoenix... (Think I started @ version 0.7), I was partial to the new Netscape 6 although it kinda sucked as it was buggy (or should I say sucked as it was kinda buggy?) Netscape 7 was real cool... (much more stable)

It started with the ditch MS and try to use free stuff, but after using both, I've found my two top (real) reasons I like Firefox (over IE).....

1. Since Firefox stores it's bookmarks in one file (html), it let's me have two different bookmark pages with the same title!
    Since IE stores a favorite as a file, if I want to bookmark a web page and the site keeps the same "title" tag, I have to rename the previous favorite before I can save the current page.
  2. When I visit web sites with micro fine print, I can resize any text whereas with IE, it seems to only enlarge a limited amount of text on the screen.

Edited by JoeMSFN

anyone have any problems with crashing or accidentally closing windows/tabs or electricity going off causing u to lose all your tabs/windows?

then use opera, if u manage to crash it + other stuff i said, your tabs/windows will come back when u run opera again. and since it reads them from cache its pretty fast...

also now with opera 9 u can customize a lof of things just like FF.

i use all the functions in opera.

there are links in a page? in ff and in ie u'd have to copy them 1 by 1. but with opera just press f4 and click on links and it'll have to the links listed. and u can even search copy/paste..

usefull when i'm dling stuff.

also other feature i use often is the show pictures/hide pictures tab. i sometimes just want to read stuff no need for pictures, faster!!.

ow do i need to tell u about the built in RSS support, lovely!

+ browsing back the history is so fast!,

ALL of the above is available in FF as well, some natively and some through extensions, IF you want them :)

i tried Opera as well, just a month or so ago (would that have been v9? - the one available when they were giving away licenses). like i said in an earlier post, if you want a browser that requires little fuss and has a decent amount of features built-in, then stay away from FF. Opera is the way to go. if you don't mind getting your hands just a tad bit grimy and you want the capability to customize 'till your teeth bleed, then nothing in the main stream can touch FF -- nothing i've found anyway. FF is what ever YOU want it to be.

Yup, i tried Opera about a week or two ago, and 2 things ticked me off.

1. Opera is much slower than firefox (i use the fasterfox extension).

2. The stupid image toggle button, i would always have to go back and toggle it to view cached images, or normal images.

So right off the bat i uninstalled Opera and went back to my beloved FireFox (ahhhh yea)!! :P

I prefer and voted for Firefox. But its close.

I prefer the look of Firefox, dont ask why.

I like having my bookmarks in a toolbar with drop down folders. Ive heard this can be done with Opera.

I like the page info window which lets me download stuff easier.

More websites work with Firefox, gmail doesnt work that good with Opera.

Firefox has some powerful extensions ex) All-In-One Sidebar, TabMixPlus, WebDeveloper, Sort Bookmarks, Chatzilla, CuteMenus - Crystal SVG.

I also use OperaUSB, a portable version of Opera. Opera does have its pluses:

when i minimize it the memory usage goes down by ~90%

Opera still goes back and forth between pages faster

the scrolling is very nice

integrated Email & IRC

Smooth glowing buttons

:)

Edited by DigeratiPrime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I used to used both IE7 and Firefox, but now i only use IE . i never got a problem or spyware with it and there is no need for 2 browsers on my pc :ph34r:

plus most spyware is picked up on xxx.sites <---- 18 and over lol . hmm....