I want to dig WinPE 2005

Incroyable HULK

Hello all,

I've been looking to get into WinPE for quite a while now but I can't seem to find any kind of guide? I mean, I took a look at the sticky, searched the web, etc... I can't seem to find a great place to start. Something like the Unattended guide maybe.

The reason I want to get into this is to be ready for Window Vista and because I have seen some nice GUI from computer manufacturer like HP and IBM providing a great way to install Windows or to diagnose it.

So any help appreciated here! :hello:

Edited by Incroyable HULK

• 2 weeks later...

I have WinPE but I find it to be a pain in the a**. I've always been oriented towards LonghornPE more than anything else. It's just the shell that always holds me back. If anything I'm going to try building a new PE from a vista beta by overwriting previously set source files. LHPE does what I primarily want it to but the OS version is unsupported. That's the only real drawback right now. WinPE must live in the now. It can be in the future but you want software support more than anything.

I like bolting things into PE. =/

Anyway here's a shovel. Get digging...;)

I have WinPE but I find it to be a pain in the a**. I've always been oriented towards LonghornPE more than anything else. It's just the shell that always holds me back. If anything I'm going to try building a new PE from a vista beta by overwriting previously set source files. LHPE does what I primarily want it to but the OS version is unsupported. That's the only real drawback right now. WinPE must live in the now. It can be in the future but you want software support more than anything.

I like bolting things into PE. =/

Anyway here's a shovel. Get digging...;)

Vista WinPE isn't terribly different from WinPE 2005 at this point, with one exception, which is boot from WIM. Otherwise, it's effectively identical...

Tell that to current software vendors like vmware. O_o

Like I say...I bolt things into WinPE. That's a bigger difference than anything else I've seen when someone else gets a copy of it. Half the people don't even bother messing with the registry settings....A lot of you are no fun at all. o_O