98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Thats because your not using Windows98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 4. The version before I started updating.

Ah, indeed so!

:blushing:

What I was really trying to point out was that my EXPLORER.EXE only contains the newer icons, whereas LoneCrusader said that the version that comes with NUSB contains the old ones.

I have NUSB installed (it was installed long after the Service Pack) but still only have the new icons.

Perhaps my installation of NUSB didn't replace EXPLORER.EXE for some reason, or something else subsequently replaced it again!

I've never had any problem choosing whichever icons I want for all the desktop icons.

They're all still in the version of SHELL32.DLL on my system.

:)

Edited by Dave-H

Ah, indeed so!

:blushing:

What I was really trying to point out was that my EXPLORER.EXE only contains the newer icons, whereas LoneCrusader said that the version that comes with NUSB contains the old ones.

I have NUSB installed (it was installed long after the Service Pack) but still only have the new icons.

Perhaps my installation of NUSB didn't replace EXPLORER.EXE for some reason, or something else subsequently replaced it again!

I've never had any problem choosing whichever icons I want for all the desktop icons.

They're all still in the version of SHELL32.DLL on my system.

:)

The EXPLORER.EXE inside NUSB has only 1 byte changed from the original to allow 256 color tray icons. It remains version "1700." I believe the version running around here that includes the ME Icons was renumbered "1710" and it was used in the uSP.

That would explain why NUSB didn't replace the version you already had, because it had a higher version number. :)

The EXPLORER.EXE inside NUSB has only 1 byte changed from the original to allow 256 color tray icons. It remains version "1700." I believe the version running around here that includes the ME Icons was renumbered "1710" and it was used in the uSP.

That would explain why NUSB didn't replace the version you already had, because it had a higher version number. :)

My version is 1710.

That explains it!

:yes:

Where was the following files: :huh: (I know their real names :D )

6HDOCVM.DLL	6.0.2800.2012
6NSENG.DLL 6.0.2800.1662
6ROWSEUI.DLL 6.0.2800.2012
6URLMON.DLL 6.0.2800.1662
6WININET.DLL 6.0.2800.1662
6SHTML .DLL 6.0.2800.1662
6HLWAPI.DLL 6.0.2800.2012

IEX.JPG

Edited by gerislamico

Hi PROBLEMCHYLD,

First off, I would like to thank you for your obviously tireless efforts to preserve as well as enhance the practical utility of Win98SE. :>)

With Gape essentially out of the picture, you took it upon yourself to carry on with this long-winded project. However, this has not just been a case of someone picking up the baton. Far from it. You singlehandedly changed the philosophy underpinning this project. Essentially, Gape's minimalist approach has been replaced by your rather expansive (maximalist?) approach. This is neither good nor bad, per se. However, having adopted such a radically different approach, you may want to think about certain looming threats (as well as future opportunities) here.

In principle, the enhanced and dynamic inclusiveness that the project has exhibited under your spearheading leadership is rather desirable. What is wrong in addressing as many issues as possible, right? Well, I am afraid that there is a downside to this as well. The openendedness inherent in your approach militates against the establishment of clear developmental milestones achievable within reasonable timeframes. Irrespective of other issues, 98SE USP 2.1 has been such a milestone. It has been *there* and has *not* been changing...

I believe that 98SE USP 3.0 FINAL is a misnomer. This is not merely a semantics issue. The way that the package has been made available on the Internet for download sows confusion among the ranks of Win98SE enthusiasts. At a minimum, some distinctiveness should be introduced here (a 4 digit build descriptor, perhaps). It harms the reputation of the project to give the impression that the available package is, *indeed*, "FINAL"...

To this effect, I urge you to focus your efforts on soon crowning some "FINAL" version as being *truly* FINAL and a *new*, unchanging milestone. If there are still some unresolved issues left, well, then, someone may decide to pursue such things within the context of an upcoming 98SE USP 4.0 BETA 1. :>)

The above is offered as well intentioned critique (*not* criticism, yes, there *is* a difference) and in no way detracts from your very welcome contributions for which I cannot thank you enough!

P.S. 98SE USP 3.1 FINAL is a distinct possibility here provided that you stick to introducing minor bug fixes and absolutely refrain from getting into new features and areas...

Hi PROBLEMCHYLD,

First off, I would like to thank you for your obviously tireless efforts to preserve as well as enhance the practical utility of Win98SE. :>)

With Gape essentially out of the picture, you took it upon yourself to carry on with this long-winded project. However, this has not just been a case of someone picking up the baton. Far from it. You singlehandedly changed the philosophy underpinning this project. Essentially, Gape's minimalist approach has been replaced by your rather expansive (maximalist?) approach. This is neither good nor bad, per se. However, having adopted such a radically different approach, you may want to think about certain looming threats (as well as future opportunities) here.

In principle, the enhanced and dynamic inclusiveness that the project has exhibited under your spearheading leadership is rather desirable. What is wrong in addressing as many issues as possible, right? Well, I am afraid that there is a downside to this as well. The openendedness inherent in your approach militates against the establishment of clear developmental milestones achievable within reasonable timeframes. Irrespective of other issues, 98SE USP 2.1 has been such a milestone. It has been *there* and has *not* been changing...

I believe that 98SE USP 3.0 FINAL is a misnomer. This is not merely a semantics issue. The way that the package has been made available on the Internet for download sows confusion among the ranks of Win98SE enthusiasts. At a minimum, some distinctiveness should be introduced here (a 4 digit build descriptor, perhaps). It harms the reputation of the project to give the impression that the available package is, *indeed*, "FINAL"...

To this effect, I urge you to focus your efforts on soon crowning some "FINAL" version as being *truly* FINAL and a *new*, unchanging milestone. If there are still some unresolved issues left, well, then, someone may decide to pursue such things within the context of an upcoming 98SE USP 4.0 BETA 1. :>)

The above is offered as well intentioned critique (*not* criticism, yes, there *is* a difference) and in no way detracts from your very welcome contributions for which I cannot thank you enough!

P.S. 98SE USP 3.1 FINAL is a distinct possibility here provided that you stick to introducing minor bug fixes and absolutely refrain from getting into new features and areas...

I like you

So make this great guide for translators

Since in the website of PROBLEMCHYLD no indication of what makes up the service pack and where you extracted the files in time

I hope PROBLEMCHYLD kindly take a guide according to this gigantic project as my poor English may confuse any novice users.

@ RetroWish

Great feedback!

You have to understand a few things. It is time consuming to update files included in the Service Pack

especially when some updates I release might only be a bugfix etc... You also have to understand it will take more time to change the text in all the files

to read 98 SE SP 3.0, 98 SE SP 3.1, 98 SE SP 3.2 etc... than to just leave it at 3.0. This also means bitmaps/hexing/hacking files to read the new update.

What I could do is ask dencorso to remove final from the title so it won't be misleading. I also use the date in my signature to notify users of an new update.

I will leave it at 3.0 but when the final update is release, I will make sure I add final to all text and files. Thanks

Celebrating my message #50 :blink: publish my translation Unnoficial End of Windows 98 Service Pack 3.0 based on the version of 02-22-12.

I hope the speaking Spanish community grows up here, as are the contributions of MSFN academic level

Based Update: U98SESP3.EXE v02-22-2012 :angel

Traslation Guide: U98SESP3 Detail-Text-02-22-2012.txt :D

Name: Extra-Oficial Windows 98 SE Service Pack 3.0 ESN

Version: 3.0

Size: 52.6Mb

CRC32: 08826A28

MD5: 3B5E4051A7A01735AE039CE8B153B3E

SHA1: CD4EA14F20A32C5E48017A7B4DA203FCE44D1873

Download Link: U98SESP3-ESN.EXE :thumbup

Download Link: Video Tutorial ;)

PD: "Extra-Oficial" is a Spanish adaptation of the phrase "Unnoficial"

Edited by gerislamico

Hi PROBLEMCHYLD,

Thank you very much.

I agree the Service Pack has grown quite a bit.

The files that increases the size are the Internet Explorer files + True Type Fonts, which makes up approximately 15-20mb. The aim we are striving for is to have the smallest with an big impact. Remember lots of file sizes change over time.

I agree it can be somewhat confusing with FINAL in the title, so I had it removed. There has been many unofficial updates from mdgx's site since 98SE USP 2.1 and about 90% is included in the Service Pack. I want overall convenience so everyone can benefit. The pack that has it all (necessities).
I know constructive feedback when I see it.

KernelEx will definitely be the last option that will be added. Then it will be final.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD