98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Sorry guys no more updates. When I asked for help I didn't get it so the hell with you. I'm out of here like MDGX and the rest of the gang.

Sorry to hear that PROBLEMCHYLD.

I read of your personal circumstances on another thread, and I really hope that things are OK for you.

Thanks for everything that you've done here.

:)

Edited by Dave-H

Hi everyone!

I made a detailed analysis of versions of files in the SP3.cab. Five files in particular caught my interest:

1) Msconv97.dll - is in version 2003.1100.8165, even though in the SP 3.0 beta 4 it was in version 2003.1100.8166.

2) Mspaint.exe - is in version 5.00.1523.1, so an earlier one than on the installation CD of Windows 98 SE (5.00.1740.1).

3) Msxml.dll - is in version 8.0.6730.0, even though in 2004 Microsoft released the official version 8.00.7002.0 (hotfix KB832414_MSXML2.5_x86.exe, http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9354).

4-5) Msident.dll - is in version 6.00.2800.1106, Vgx.dll - is in version 6.00.2800.1612, even though in the unofficial update of Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 - MDIE6CU 3.4 (http://www.mdgx.com/spx/MDIE6CU.EXE) these files are in versions: Msident.dll - 6.00.2800.2000, Vgx.dll - 6.00.2800.1637.

Probably it is so for a reason, but what is this reason exactly? Thank you in advance for any information and suggestions on this.

egrabrych

Hi everyone!

I made a detailed analysis of versions of files in the SP3.cab. Five files in particular caught my interest:

1) Msconv97.dll - is in version 2003.1100.8165, even though in the SP 3.0 beta 4 it was in version 2003.1100.8166.

Fixed
2) Mspaint.exe - is in version 5.00.1523.1, so an earlier one than on the installation CD of Windows 98 SE (5.00.1740.1).
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=162500 (the only fix atm)
3) Msxml.dll - is in version 8.0.6730.0, even though in 2004 Microsoft released the official version 8.00.7002.0 (hotfix KB832414_MSXML2.5_x86.exe, http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9354).

Fixed
4-5) Msident.dll - is in version 6.00.2800.1106, Vgx.dll - is in version 6.00.2800.1612, even though in the unofficial update of Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 - MDIE6CU 3.4 (http://www.mdgx.com/spx/MDIE6CU.EXE) these files are in versions: Msident.dll - 6.00.2800.2000, Vgx.dll - 6.00.2800.1637.

Fixed

I read of your personal circumstances on another thread, and I really hope that things are OK for you.

This is what changed my mind. Not everybody is selfish. Give all thanks to Dave-H.

I will try my best to give you guys a final version but I can't do it by myself, and I'm not too proud to ask for help.

Together we've got here, and remain strong...

This is the attitude we all need to have. I'm not looking for sympathy or praise. I'm looking for a solid foundation so we can all build on it. And that's what Gape left us. So lets get closer to the final build.

This is my second home now that I finally have a new one for my family. Thanks to all.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Yes, I feel like this is a second home too. Everyone does a great job, granted sometimes no one is online. But most times people really like to help out.

I really want to further my training so i've taken up learning programing and coding. This may take awhile to get good at so for now I offer any advise I already

know, which isnt bad since I grew up knowing these systems. But hey, this is the best place to be and im really glad to be here :yes:

This is my second home now that I finally have a new one for my family.

Glad to hear it! All best wishes for you and yours in the new home! :thumbup

And thanks for changing your mind: your presence with us and your contributions to the community are much appreciated! :yes:

Thank you PROBLEMCHYLD for your continued interest and for the great work, and best wishes for you and your family!

About the community: I can say that this is the best forum I've ever met!

I41Mar

Edited by I41Mar

Like Dave-H, I was saddened to read about your personal situation in another thread and I could definitely relate, having gone through many similar events in my life (like so many of us). I too am deeply appreciative of your work with the Service Pack and commend you for it, even though I haven't personally had a need for it yet, having piecemeal patched my Win98 SE systems over the years. That may change soon if I decide to do a new fresh install of Win98 SE in the future. Keep up the great work and best wishes for everything.

Edited by Prozactive