98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

They're *not* duplicates! One is "Command Processor" with a space between the words, the other is "CommandProcessor", without the space.

I think that the latter is the mistaken one, which, BTW, must come from some .reg or .inf you added, which has the lack of a space between the words "Command" and "Processor".

They're *not* duplicates! One is "Command Processor" with a space between the words, the other is "CommandProcessor", without the space.

I think that the latter is the mistaken one, which, BTW, must come from some .reg or .inf you added, which has the lack of a space between the words "Command" and "Processor".

I agree, but it only happens when I used Drugwash method.

My bad for not testing the .inf script before posting, but part of the guilt goes to Microsoft for not mentioning that the rule of "Quoting strings that contain spaces" also applies to subkeys.

The following should work correctly:

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=RegEntries

[RegEntries]
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor", "AutoRun", ,"%25%\command\cmd.exe"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor", "PathCompletionChar", 1, 0x00000009
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor", "CompletionChar", 1, 0x00000009

Thanks Drugwash, its fix now. Now we must go to stage 2. Look @ the reg entries.

There is nothing wrong with your method now except you don't have "set comspec"=" and "CompletionChar" with dword value of 9.

Can you add these to your inf. Also "PathCompletionChar" can be removed. Thanks

REGEDIT4 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]
"AutoRun"="set comspec=C:\\WINDOWS\\COMMAND\\CMD.EXE"
"CompletionChar"=dword:00000009

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun]
"set comspec"="C:\\WINDOWS\\COMMAND\\CMD.EXE"
"CompletionChar"=dword:00000009
;

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Also "PathCompletionChar" can be removed. Thanks

WHY? :unsure:

AFAICU they are two DIFFERENT settings:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978715.aspx

CompletionChar

Specifies a character that activates the filename completion feature in the command processor (Cmd.exe).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940805.aspx

PathCompletionChar

Specifies a character that activates the directory name completion feature in the command processor (Cmd.exe).

I mean, on the other (linked to thread) there is NO definite answer, HOW can you suggest using those settings (and not ither ones)?

Have you tested all possibilities?

It is just a "test" to see what happens with the specific settings you suggested?

Or what?

:huh::blink:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Also "PathCompletionChar" can be removed. Thanks

WHY? :unsure:

Because these 2 links didn't mention using it. So I assumed it was an obsolete entry. But if you think it should stay then its

not a problem.

http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/w95cpost.txt

It is just a "test" to see what happens with the specific settings you suggested?

Or what?

:huh::blink:

jaclaz

Yes it just a test, I'm trying to figure out the best results.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I'm not sure a value called "set comspec" would be correct (or required) but - all the same:

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=RegEntries

[RegEntries]
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor", "AutoRun", ,"set comspec=%25%\command\cmd.exe"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor", "CompletionChar", 0x00010001, 0x00000009
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor", "PathCompletionChar", 0x00010001, 0x00000009
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun", "set comspec", ,"%25%\command\cmd.exe"
HKLM, "Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun", "CompletionChar", 0x00010001, 0x00000009

Note the field type 0x00010001 which is not mentioned on that .inf definition MS page I linked to and is the one responsible for creating DWORD values,

as opposed to 1 which creates BINARY values. :(

I put back "PathCompletionChar"; can be commented out through a semicolon, if needed.

Edited by Drugwash

Hello, today MDGx has added new updates: http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php

VBVM60: Unofficial Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) SP6 32-bit Runtime Library MSVBVM60.DLL 6.0.9821 and

TTFPAK: Added 60 TTFs (new total: 127) from Publisher 98 Extra Euro Enabled Fonts, some fonts newer than in the Service Pack.

With these, the SP will be more updated.

Bye.

Mcv'93

Hello, today MDGx has added new updates: http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php

VBVM60: Unofficial Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) SP6 32-bit Runtime Library MSVBVM60.DLL 6.0.9821 and

TTFPAK: Added 60 TTFs (new total: 127) from Publisher 98 Extra Euro Enabled Fonts, some fonts newer than in the Service Pack.

With these, the SP will be more updated.

Bye.

Mcv'93

Thank you! I already added them. New and final build sometime this week, if its the Lord's Will. :thumbup:lol::w00t::sneaky:

In regard to fonts: it's a known thing that the more fonts installed, the slower a machine can be, in certain situations. Moreover, certain users (such as myself) may need font encoding(s) other than Western, which unfortunately is the only one available in many of the free fonts. For example, I would need a font that contains Central European encoding, to be able to use it with my native language.

Therefore, it would be kind if the package provided a list of fonts and the encoding capabilities for each of them, so that anyone could choose whether to install them or not. :whistle:

In regard to fonts: it's a known thing that the more fonts installed, the slower a machine can be, in certain situations. Moreover, certain users (such as myself) may need font encoding(s) other than Western, which unfortunately is the only one available in many of the free fonts. For example, I would need a font that contains Central European encoding, to be able to use it with my native language.

Therefore, it would be kind if the package provided a list of fonts and the encoding capabilities for each of them, so that anyone could choose whether to install them or not. :whistle:

ANDALEMO.TTF
ARIAL.TTF
ARIALALS.TTF
ARIALALT.TTF
ARIALBD.TTF
ARIALBI.TTF
ARIALI.TTF
ARIBLK.TTF
BAUHS93.TTF
CALIBRI.TTF
CALIBRIB.TTF
CALIBRII.TTF
CALIBRIZ.TTF
CALIST.TTF
CALISTB.TTF
CALISTBI.TTF
CALISTI.TTF
CAMBRIAB.TTF
CAMBRIAI.TTF
CAMBRIAZ.TTF
CANDARA.TTF
CANDARAB.TTF
CANDARAI.TTF
CANDARAZ.TTF
CENSCBK.TTF
COMIC.TTF
COMICBD.TTF
CONSOLA.TTF
CONSOLAB.TTF
CONSOLAI.TTF
CONSOLAZ.TTF
CONSTAN.TTF
CONSTANB.TTF
CONSTANI.TTF
CONSTANZ.TTF
CORBEL.TTF
CORBELB.TTF
CORBELI.TTF
CORBELZ.TTF
COUR.TTF
COURBD.TTF
COURBI.TTF
COURI.TTF
CURLZ___.TTF
DC______.TTF
ELEPHNT.TTF
ELEPHNTI.TTF
ENGR.TTF
ERASBD.TTF
ERASDEMI.TTF
ERASLGHT.TTF
ERASMD.TTF
FELIXTI.TTF
FRABKIT.TTF
FRADM.TTF
FRADMCN.TTF
FRADMIT.TTF
FRAHV.TTF
FRAHVIT.TTF
FRAMDIT.TTF
FRSCRIPT.TTF
GEORGIA.TTF
GEORGIAB.TTF
GEORGIAI.TTF
GEORGIAZ.TTF
GIL_____.TTF
GILB____.TTF
GILBI___.TTF
GILC____.TTF
GILI____.TTF
GILLUBCD.TTF
GILSANUB.TTF
GLSNECB.TTF
GOTHIC.TTF
GOTHICB.TTF
GOTHICBI.TTF
GOTHICI.TTF
HATTEN.TTF
IMPACT.TTF
JOKERMAN.TTF
LSANS.TTF
LSANSD.TTF
LSANSDI.TTF
LSANSI.TTF
LSANSUNI.TTF
LTYPE.TTF
LTYPEB.TTF
LTYPEBO.TTF
LTYPEO.TTF
LUCON.TTF
MAIAN.TTF
MICROSS.TTF
OCRAEXT.TTF
OLDENGL.TTF
PALSCRI.TTF
PER_____.TTF
PERB____.TTF
PERBI___.TTF
PERI____.TTF
PERTIBD.TTF
PERTILI.TTF
RAGE.TTF
ROCC____.TTF
ROCCB___.TTF
ROCK.TTF
ROCKB.TTF
ROCKBI.TTF
ROCKEB.TTF
ROCKI.TTF
SCHLBKB.TTF
SCHLBKBI.TTF
SCHLBKI.TTF
SCRIPTBL.TTF
STOP.TTF
TAHOMA.TTF
TAHOMABD.TTF
TCB_____.TTF
TCBI____.TTF
TCCB____.TTF
TCCM____.TTF
TCM_____.TTF
TCMI____.TTF
TIMES.TTF
TIMESBD.TTF
TIMESBI.TTF
TIMESI.TTF
TREBUC.TTF
TREBUCBD.TTF
TREBUCBI.TTF
TREBUCIT.TTF
VERDANA.TTF
VERDANAB.TTF
VERDANAI.TTF
VERDANAZ.TTF
VIXARASC.TTF
WEBDINGS.TTF
WINGDNG2.TTF
WINGDNG3.TTF

You can also use True Type Properties Extension, its included in the SP :hello:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Thanks, but the simple font list is not useful in this case. What I meant was the list of encoding capabilities for each of the listed fonts (see the screenshot). If any of the fonts doesn't contain certain desired encodings, one may want to opt out of installing it.

I would've cropped up a small proggie to create such a list, but since my main MSDN-library machine broke, it'd be no fun browsing the current online MSDN, especially under 9x, with an unstable browser and on GPRS. :(

I may try with the little info I already have, however, but no promises.

Dunno what the heck is wrong, but I just can't upload attach a simple png image, with or without the Flash uploader! I guess today is one of those days... or maybe definitely I'm living in the wrong country. :(

P.S. The issue lies at MSFN, because I could upload the picture effortless to my AHK repository. (link in case image doesn't show) Also happens in Firefox 5 under XP so it's not a 9x thing.

post-134642-0-93911400-1320369727_thumb.