98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Also I need someone to help me convert this reg file to inf format. I posted in another topic but no replies.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]
"AutoRun"="set comspec=c:\\windows\\command\\cmd.exe"
"PathCompletionChar"=0x00000009
"CompletionChar"=0x00000009
;

Just one suggestion, looking at that reg file.

My Windows 98SE installation is not in the default C:\Windows location, it is in C:\WIN-98 on my system.

For the service pack to take customised installations into account, would it not be better to use environment variables, e.g. in this case %windir%\command\cmd.exe?

:)

Just one suggestion, looking at that reg file.

My Windows 98SE installation is not in the default C:\Windows location, it is in C:\WIN-98 on my system.

For the service pack to take customised installations into account, would it not be better to use environment variables, e.g. in this case %windir%\command\cmd.exe?

:)

You have a point. Either way I need it converted to inf format.

P.S

Does SP3 installs to any directory, I only use the default?

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

You know my style: "don't give'em fish - teach'em how to catch the fish". ;)

Therefore, here's detailed information on inf files structure; should teach you how to add/modify sections.

Additional information (albeit being specific to Windows 2000) can be found here.

Remember to use predefined variables for paths (see %25% below).

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=RegEntries

[RegEntries]
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, "AutoRun", ,"%25%\command\cmd.exe"
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, "PathCompletionChar", 1, 0x00000009
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, "CompletionChar", 1, 0x00000009

darn typos...

Edited by Drugwash

As per the mod's clsing

"MDGx's 98SE2ME is not a "service pack" type of project. That's why it is categorized under "Enhancements, Replacements + Transformation Packs".

XP files are sometimes included in these packages because they have been found to work in 98SE, and are more updated than its ME equivalent if there is one.

These questions should go in the 98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 4 thread. I think we should start moving the discussion over there since most of this is about Gape's/PROBLEMCHYLD's Service Pack. "

what about sporific's? what about summary of each of these major SPs. is "98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 4" anything like sporifici's?

Quoting myself from the other thread, "For Windows 98 SE, the main unofficial packages are Soporific's Auto-Patcher and Gape's Service Pack... There are others but these are the most comprehensive." In terms of their contents, they're not exactly the same. There was overlap, but PROBLEMCHYLD's recent updates makes Gape's Service Pack more complete now. At the end of the day, whichever pack you choose is up to you.

At the end of the day, whichever pack you choose is up to you.

Thanks that makes a bit more since to me now. I know updates stopped in 06 so i'm guessing they both fix and add ton of stuff, soporific's made my head spin there was so much stuff added and patched.

Edited by cdoublejj

You know my style: "don't give'em fish - teach'em how to catch the fish". ;)

Therefore, here's detailed information on inf files structure; should teach you how to add/modify sections.

Additional information (albeit being specific to Windows 2000) can be found here.

Remember to use predefined variables for paths (see %25% below).

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=RegEntries

[RegEntries]
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, "AutoRun", ,"%25%\command\cmd.exe"
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, "PathCompletionChar", 1, 0x00000009
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Command Processor, "CompletionChar", 1, 0x00000009

darn typos...

Thank you for your attempt to help me fix my issue, but your method did not work.

What the registry entries above does is creates a duplicate entry, and that is not suppose to happen.

What do you mean by "duplicate entry"? AFAIK, there can be no two identical registry entries in the same location. And if the same entries were already created by other package(s), that's completely out of our hand. Anyway, you wanted the respective registry values created and I offered a method to create them. If there's something wrong, then by all means, please elaborate.