98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

except that would double the size,

why dont you use the autopatcher if you want dotnet

soporific:

If I may make a suggestion:

If you'd like to add more options/system components/updates/etc to Auto-Patcher, you could add only the direct download URL links to the actual files [eventually with a short description], and let the user select which ones he/she wants to install.

This way new add-ons won't increase the size of Auto-Patcher.

HTH

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Working on the new version... I hope I will release it in the next week.

* New/updated file
! New/updated file (unofficial)
+ Minor improvement
x Bugfix
- Information only

3.0 Alpha 1

* Added MSHDC.INF [from Q276602].
* Added T2EMBED.DLL [from Q908519].
* Added KBDSP.KBD [from Q312586].
* Added Q897225 [REG].
* Added TIMEZONE.INF [from Q933360].
* Updated NDIS.VXD + PPPMAC.VXD + VIP.386 [to Q301453].
* Updated RICHED20.DLL [to Q918118].
* Updated HLINK.DLL [to Q920670].
* Updated MSVBVM60.DLL [to 6.0.97.98, Q930828].
* Updated JSCRIPT.DLL [to Q917344].
* Updated HHCTRL.OCX + HHCTRLUI.DLL [to Q928843].
* Updated SNMP.EXE + SNMPAPI.DLL [to Q926247].
* Updated ASYCFILT.DLL + OLEPRO32.DLL + STDOLE2.TLB [to 5.0.4528].
* Updated ROOTSUPD.EXE with ROOTSUPD.CAB [to 13.0.2195].
* Updates SERVICES [RFC 1060 / IANA].
! Updated INFEx [to 0.5].
! Added VOLTRACK.VXD [from U249824].
! Added KRNL386.EXE [4.10.1999].
! Updated UPDATE.SYS [4.10.2223 - CPU microcode updates].
! Updated SHELL32.DLL [to 4.72.3812.634 - Corrects lockups while deleting large number of files + Fixes 2-4 GB files errors].
! Updated GDI.EXE + GDI32.DLL [to U918547 - 4.10.2227].
! Replaced KB891711.EXE + Q891711.DLL with USER.EXE + USER32.DLL [U891711 - 4.10.2233].
! Added FORMAT.COM and updated FDISK.EXE [Display errors are fixed in this versions].
+ Added a new option: Uninstall Microsoft Virtual Machine.
+ Added "LocalLoadHigh=1" to TWEAKS.INF.
+ Moved EXPLORER.EXE from SUPP.CAB to SP2.CAB.
+ Replaced CRLUPD.EXE with CRLUPD.CAB.
x Fix for "Properties Slow Down" issue.
- Cleanup the SPUPDATE.INF code.
- All optional parts can be uninstalled seperately.

Edited by Gape

Yay! Glad to see you back Gape :) And great news on the new version

How complete will this update make 98, compared to something like the updates in autopatcher?

Wrayal

Edited by wrayal

Yay! Glad to see you back Gape :) And great news on the new version

How complete will this update make 98, compared to something like the updates in autopatcher?

Wrayal

USP is a "service pack" that fixes operating system problems. It doesn't try to add 3rd party software. It will be not different from older USP versions. It will not contain any Windows ME files, but with this 3.0 release it contains unofficial fixes.

I don't have enough information autopatcher, because I was away for a long time.

By the way, I will release an alpha version soon, there will be beta version(s) and release candidate(s). I hope all users who needs/likes the USP will help me to improve this new release.

Thanks.

USP is a "service pack" that fixes operating system problems. It doesn't try to add 3rd party software. It will be not different from older USP versions. It will not contain any Windows ME files, but with this 3.0 release it contains unofficial fixes. I don't have enough information autopatcher, because I was away for a long time. By the way, I will release an alpha version soon, there will be beta version(s) and release candidate(s). I hope all users who needs/likes the USP will help me to improve this new release. Thanks.
Welcome back, Gape! :thumbup

Welcome back, Gape!

I'm glad new uSP is coming. I still prefer good old uSP2.1 over AP.

Sorry, but won't you consider removing old IE5 updates included? Anyway if IE5 is used somewhere, it is still buggy and vulnerable with or without these updates.

Also, All: there is newer msvbvm60.dll (6.0.97.98, kb930828) available, for example here. There is newer kb934602, but is is not available yet [i've tried to request it].

USP is a "service pack" that fixes operating system problems. It doesn't try to add 3rd party software. It will be not different from older USP versions. It will not contain any Windows ME files, but with this 3.0 release it contains unofficial fixes.

First off, it's great to see you back in action again! I know I wasn't the only one here beginning to get worried...

Secondly, since you are beginning to add unofficial updates and fixes, could you consider adding the Maximum-Decim Native USB Drivers to the USP? Personally I consider something as major as USB support for external drives to be an important part of any service pack! Also in this same vein could you consider adding the Enable48BitLBA and Copy2Gb patches?

--iWindoze

Thank you all for your nice welcome messages.

@about IE5 updates: They are a part of OS. Some users don't update IE at all (like 98lite and/or Firefox, Opera users). I think these updates can be still useful for them. BTW, I will think about it.

@about NUSB: I think it still contains WinME files. I don't want to add WinME files into USP.

@about Copy2GB, Enable48bitLBA: Copy2GB is in the 3.0 Alpha 1. But I am not sure about Enable48bitLBA, because data loss possibility is very dangerous. I want to make sure that it is working successful on different systems.

Edited by Gape