98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Hello all,

This is a quick post, I will write again frequently in next days.

I am extremely sorry for my absence. Now, I am back. I had some job, school, and health problems, but I am OK now, I solved all my problems, and I will continue to release new updates.

But there are lots of new works during my absence, so I need your patience again.

[Anyone who made some works after 2.1a, you can share them with me, if you want.]

Thank you.

Gape.

I did make the wupg98 from wupg98 website

which was updated till the coming of the last updates for Windows 98.

It's very likely that the work on my pack is finished cause I am also very busy

(similiar problems like Gape) but I still want to help keeping 98 safe.

So maybe with a short list of all official Microsoft updates ,I could contribute a share for the new SP.

Some new 98 Updates:

885258 Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB885258)

904706 Security Update for DirectX 9

908519 Vulnerability in Embedded Web Fonts Could Allow Remote Code Execution

913433 Security Update for Flash Player

KB916281 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (June 09, 2006)

918439 Vulnerability in ART Image Rendering Could Allow Remote Code Execution

KB917734 Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 for Windows 98 and Windows ME

917344 Vulnerability in Microsoft JScript Could Allow Remote Code Execution

918547 Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution

Edited by winxpi

these updates are for dx9, wmp9, ie6 which are not part of usp

885258 Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB885258)

904706 Security Update for DirectX 9

KB916281 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (June 09, 2006)

KB917734 Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 for Windows 98 and Windows ME

these ones should be ok

908519 Vulnerability in Embedded Web Fonts Could Allow Remote Code Execution

913433 Security Update for Flash Player

918439 Vulnerability in ART Image Rendering Could Allow Remote Code Execution

917344 Vulnerability in Microsoft JScript Could Allow Remote Code Execution

918547 Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution

Hello all,

This is a quick post, I will write again frequently in next days.[...]

Hello Gape! Nice to hear you'll be back and you didn't abandon the project! :)

Hello,

I don't find the sp 2.1a for 98 SE FRENCH. Can you help me, please. Thanks

Sam

But it seems you have to register first, before you can download anything

WebMatze used to make a French edition of the 98se service pack. you will need to ask him, ophiuchus. send WebMatze a personal message [PM] or email.

But it seems you have to register first, before you can download anything

nah swgreed. The site that had the french 98se SP no longer hosts the service pack anymore.

you're in luck, ophiuchus. AutourduPc has a copy of the French 98se SP 2.1a at his web site. Get it here.

AutourduPc also had created pages featuring updates/addons for Win98, 2000, ME, NT4, XP. the site is in French.

Edited by erpdude8

I don't understand what's going on. Gravure-hebdo was on a few days ago. I'm a member of this site and all Matze's translations are there! :blink:

I'll try to see what's going on...

Thanks for the link erpdude8. :yes:

Anyway, ask me if you need other french packs you can't find online.

Gape:

I have added a mirror for SP2 2.1a.

Please add this to your list in the forum and at your web site at your convenience.

Thanks.

SESP21A here:

http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm#9SU

* Unofficial Windows 98 SE Service Pack 2 (SP2) 2.1a:

http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html

98 SE SP2 [16.6 MB, English, free]:

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/SESP21A.EXE

More info:

http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=61749

I don't understand what's going on. Gravure-hebdo was on a few days ago. I'm a member of this site and all Matze's translations are there! :blink:

that's the problem, glocK_94. as swgreed said, you have to register to be a member of the Gravure-hebdo site to download files there. non-members will NOT have access to that site.

try visiting the Gravure-hebdo site from somebody else's computer, use your friend's or neighbor's PC and browse that site.

Edited by erpdude8

well I have created an updated release of the 98se SP (v2.2.0) in my spare time a while ago but I'm not going to be creating future releases after that. by the start of next year I might be moving on to more important things in life outside the computer world.

if there was going to be a newer release of the 98se SP (created by me) I'll probably release it right around the Christmas holidays. but that's a BIG IF

either Christmas or New Year's. I still have to decide whether to include (or exclude) the RUNHELP.CAB, 2007 time zone adjustment registry fix, MSXML 2.5 (msxml.dll, msxmla.dll & msxmlr.dll) and Q329048 Plus!98/Win98 update.

just wanted to note that it'll be a temporary takeover if Gape doesnt respond by either Christmas or New Year's

now that Gape is back, my previous plans for the updated 98 SE SP will be completely scrapped. ALL Win98se users should now wait for Gape to release the next version of the 98se service pack.

Welcome back Gape!!! We were all getting concerned. I'm glad you are getting better. No reason to rush into things. With the new year I would take your time and enjoy everything!

As always, thanks for all your hard-work in making this awesome SP for us Windows 98se users. :hello:

that's the problem, glocK_94. as swgreed said, you have to register to be a member of the Gravure-hebdo site to download files there. non-members will NOT have access to that site.

try visiting the Gravure-hebdo site from somebody else's computer, use your friend's or neighbor's PC and browse that site.

We misunderstood each other. The site was fine a week ago but now you get redirected to www.nuke-arcade.com when you try to access it.

I tried to find some news about what's going on and it seems the site got closed (with no warning). Nuke-arcade's people are thinking about putting the downloads back on (maybe) but for now, no way to download Matze's translations anymore except from the link you gave. :no:

• 2 weeks later...