98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

It is not, Petr. it's still M/D/YY when doing a CLEAN install of Win98 SE. In WinME M/D/YYYY is the default.

You are right, I have checked this now, strange thing, I was sure that Windows 98 SE has 4 digit year in short format already and that was why I suggested to Gape to remove 2_4DATE.EXE before 2.0, more than one year ago...

Petr

2_4Date.exe was released several months after Win98 SE so it still uses the m/d/yy format as default. MS changed the default date format in WinME and WinXP to display 4 digits for the year. not sure about Win2000.

so Petr, what is your take about the "screen saver" icon taskbar problem in win98se mentioned at this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67610

on my Win98se PC that has that problem, I just clicked on the screen saver icons on the taskbar and win98se will resume normally as if nothing bad happened at all. it's more of a minor display problem and is harmless. plus I dont use any screen savers.

so Petr, what is your take about the "screen saver" icon taskbar problem in win98se mentioned at this thread:

on my Win98se PC that has that problem, I just clicked on the screen saver icons on the taskbar and win98se will resume normally as if nothing bad happened at all. it's more of a minor display problem and is harmless. plus I dont use any screen savers.

I never used any screensaver so I can't say.

Petr

I never used any screensaver so I can't say.

Petr

that's ok Petr. I was able to get other people's input on it. I installed Tihiy's RPLite pack under Win98se and the multiple screen saver taskbar icon problems were greatly mitigated. seems like the RPLite5 pack mostly fixed the problem.

Hello Gape!

Somewehere think I read that one once asked you about this "Empty Task Process Windows" "cosmetic" bug

times before.

This guy told, that you said that the system files user.exe and user32.dll cause this.

Do you know what MS did wrong that this bug happens using the patched files?

I would propose maybe to add this to the new unofficial SP :sneaky: (if it's possible)

If how to fix it manual,I would very appreciate if you write here:

or there

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=80140

Good summer holidays at all!

Edited by winxpi

This is the reply which i got when i asked for the date of Service pack. And it has satisfied me.

Sorry guys. There was a lot of things to do. A new version will be definitely released. Please patience a little more.

Why don't you add /5.50.4807.2300 versions browselc.dll/browseui.dll

since it fixes the deleting large file bug.

Also can you consider Upnpui.dll since you added the other files its a minor adjustment.

Wintop.exe would be great

last thing what about Themes.exe/Themes.cpl from Plus98 its newer

than WinME and Win98/SE.

Thanks

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Also what about patching the shell32.dll with the SHGetFolderPath A/W APIs

thats included in the Kernel Update Project.

Also Microsoft GDI+ 5.1.3102.1360/gdiplus.dll

Make this Service Pack flawless we counting on you Gape

I know you busy and i'm not going to rush you take as much time as you need.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Make this Service Pack flawless we counting on you Gape

I know you busy and i'm not going to rush you take as much time as you need.

Making the SP "flawless" is UNrealistic, PROBLEMCHYLD! There WILL be problems even though they are very minor. Stable and reliable would be the more appropriate words to use.

Why don't you add /5.50.4807.2300 versions browselc.dll/browseui.dll

since it fixes the deleting large file bug.

not going to happen. the "delete large files bug" only happens in IE6 and not IE 5.01/5.5. AND not everyone uses IE 6. adding those files could break IE 5.01 for some Win98se users who use IE 5.01 [not IE 5.5 or IE 6].

Edited by erpdude8