98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

I'm really confused, this might be the reason why Xeno did leave KernelEx.

You told me that U98SESP3 doesn't rely on KernelEx, then this is reciprocal for KernelEx, but you keep saying to me to remove PDH and PSAPI auxiliary because it makes U98SESP3 incompatible.

If one auxiliary DLL is incompatible, then open the registry editor and delete one of the data in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\KnownDLLs"

And I totally agree with LoneCrusader.

A service pack is designed to assemble all the lastest working OS upgrade/DLLs (in this case Win9x), and not to mix up with other's OS upgrade/DLLs.

But you won because the unicows.dll version U98SESP3 uses is 1.1.3790.0 (07/12/2004).

Don't be rude anyway, seems like you think we are attacking your project. We don't say that this SP is bad at all.

All we want you to understand is that the Win9x DLL files should not mix up with the NT ones anyway.

I don't care who you agree with. THE SP DOES NOT RELY ON KEX. THERE ARE NO FILES IN THE SP THAT REQUIRES KEX to be installed. Ask Xeno, I'm am not the reason he left. THE f***ING PACK IS UNOFFICIAL. THERE IS NO RULE THAT SAYS I HAVE TO USE ONLY WIN98 FILES. WE HAVE BEEN MIXING FILES WHEN YOU WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE PACK IF YOU DON'T WANT NT FILES ON YOUR SYSTEM. SO YOU AND LONECRUSADER CAN DO EACH OTHER SINCE YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH. I ONLY STARTING TESTING KEX WHEN I STARTED WORKING ON THE SP TO MAKE SURE ITS COMPATIBLE. MOST PEOPLE ONLY CARE ABOUT RUNNING THE LATEST BROWSER. UP UNTIL NOW, I DIDN'T USE IT OR DON'T. I ONLY TEST TO MAKE SURE SP DOESN'T CONFLICT. GET IN TUNE. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I don't see why KernelEx would be incompatible with such or such unofficial service pack.

We keep on reading Problemchyld regularly dissing KernelEx, claiming it is unstable, breaks applications, etc... but AFAIK he never posted a single bug report in the KernelEx thread or even said elsewhere what precisely the problem is supposed to be.

From what I gather by looking at Sourceforge download stats, the user base of KernelEx is quite significant and if there was really windows unstability issues because of it we would have heard about them by now.

As far KernelEx being incomaptible with such or such application running under vanilla 9x systems, this can happen but since it's possible to disable KernelEx on a per application basis I cannot see what the problem could be...

I don't care who you agree with. THE SP DOES NOT RELY ON KEX. THERE ARE NO FILES IN THE SP THAT REQUIRES KEX to be installed. Ask Xeno, I'm am not the reason he left. THE f***ING PACK IS UNOFFICIAL. THERE IS NO RULE THAT SAYS I HAVE TO USE ONLY WIN98 FILES. WE HAVE BEEN MIXING FILES WHEN YOU WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE PACK IF YOU DON'T WANT NT FILES ON YOUR SYSTEM. SO YOU AND LONECRUSADER CAN DO EACH OTHER SINCE YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH. I ONLY STARTING TESTING KEX WHEN I STARTED WORKING ON THE SP TO MAKE SURE ITS COMPATIBLE. MOST PEOPLE ONLY CARE ABOUT RUNNING THE LATEST BROWSER. UP UNTIL NOW, I DIDN'T USE IT OR DON'T. I ONLY TEST TO MAKE SURE SP DOESN'T CONFLICT. GET IN TUNE.

Wow, seriously, you should chill out a bit dude...

I don't see why KernelEx would be incompatible with such or such unofficial service pack.

We keep on reading Problemchyld regularly dissing KernelEx, claiming it is unstable, breaks applications, etc... but AFAIK he never posted a single bug report in the KernelEx thread or even said elsewhere what precisely the problem is supposed to be.

From what I gather by looking at Sourceforge download stats, the user base of KernelEx is quite significant and if there was really windows unstability issues because of it we would have heard about them by now.

As far KernelEx being incomaptible with such or such application running under vanilla 9x systems, this can happen but since it's possible to disable KernelEx on a per application basis I cannot see what the problem could be...

Once again another cheerleader. You said I out your own mouth, that I never posted a bug report, thats because I don't use it. I never said KEX was unstable, I said it was causing my system to have problems. I can't speak for others systems. I use PRODUCTION software. If you don't have the paid software I use, you will not reproduce the bug. And just cause I haven't posted in the KEX, forums doesn't I didn't report my findings to Xeno personally. You can get in tune as well.

Once again another cheerleader. You said I out your own mouth, that I never posted a bug report, thats because I don't use it. I never said KEX was unstable, I said it was causing my system to have problems. I can't speak for others systems. I use PRODUCTION software. If you don't have the paid software I use, you will not reproduce the bug. And just cause I haven't posted in the KEX, forums doesn't I didn't report my findings to Xeno personally. You can get in tune as well.

Basically you maintain your claims and will not give further details... Way to go :thumbup

Leyok, I would suggest you completely ignore whatever Problemchyld has got to say with regards to KernelEx since he doesn't want to say what the problems exactly are.

Basically you maintain your claims and will not give further details... Way to go :thumbup

Leyok, I would suggest you completely ignore whatever Problemchyld has got to say with regards to KernelEx since he doesn't want to say what the problems exactly are.

Do you have any Magix music software. My point exactly. Trust me, I am NOT the only who has had problems with KEX. And its not just the software I use. And if I was so against, then why did I say I would add a KEX extentsion to SP. If you that naive to think I'm the only with a problem with KEX, then you just as................. I reported my problems years ago. Thats why you don't see me in the KEX. The problem never got fixed. I haven't used it since then. This is probably why Xeno left, because of people like you in the KEX forum . I didn't or don't hang out there, so I know I'm not the cause. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Do you have any Magix music software. My point exactly. Trust me, I am NOT the only who has had problems with KEX.

I used to have Magix Audio Cleaning Lab Deluxe installed and had no problem with it and KernelEx. I've got some install disks for some Magix music software such Techno Ejay or crap like that, I can give them a shot if need be for the sake of testing even though they are a waste of disk space. Do you think you are the only one who has or uses such or such piece of commercial software or what?

Btw I googled Magix along with KernelEx and came up with no one complaining about a problem.

Do you have any Magix music software. My point exactly. Trust me, I am NOT the only who has had problems with KEX.

I used to have Magix Audio Cleaning Lab Deluxe installed and had no problem with it and KernelEx. I've got some install disks for some Magix music software such Techno Ejay or crap like that, I can give them a shot if need be for the sake of testing even though they are a waste of disk space. Do you think you are the only one who has or uses such or such piece of commercial software or what?

Btw I googled Magix along with KernelEx and came up with no one complaining about a problem.

I see you looking for trouble. Listen to what I said, I'm aware I'm not the only that has the software.

I have Magix Music Studio V2000, MTV Music Generator 1, Magix Paino and Keyboard workshop 2nd Edition, Magix Hip Hop Maker, Audio Cleaning Lab 3.0. Should I list my whole paid software catalog. I also have plugins and certain codecs etc.... I have no reason to lie. I'm not going through every single option or combination to reproduce some bugs I reported several years ago. What you can do is download or buy all the software I listed since you don't believe it exist because Kernel is Perfect. Better yet find someone with my exact same setup and then prove me right. If I come across it in the future again, I will be more than happy to report it. You can't call my bluff, cause I don't play. Everything I have ever posted is accurate. My word is golden, what about yours?

Confusing, very confusing.

This will be my last post on this thread.

I'm sure you never used KernelEx with U98SESP3 at all, you throw all the fault over KernelEx because of all the crashes/bugs.

And you don't bother to implement, and remake every unicode functions one by one. Fixing bugs are not in one clap, everyone have a life here.

If you don't want to help, that's not my problem, it's ok.

But then you should stop complaining about bugs because of KernelEx with U98SESP3. Like I said before, if U98SESP3 doesn't rely on KernelEx, then this is reciprocal.

This is officially your fault if KernelEx doesn't work properly with the U98SESP3, Kex works well without.

What part of I have tested KernelEX with SP didn't you understand. I have tested it with older version too. I'm not the ones who complaining. I DON'T use KEX. I TEST it with THE SP. I don't care if a bug every get fixed or not because it will never touch my main system. TA TA.

bugs I reported several years ago.

Last KernelEx update is 1 year and 4 months ago and yet, despite you never installed it (as far as I understand) you regularly claim it breaks vanilla stuff you have on your machine...

My word is golden, what about yours?

I don't think insulting everybody trying to get something across to you qualifies as golden words...

What part of I have tested KernelEX with SP didn't you understand. I have tested it with older version too. I'm not the ones who complaining. I DON'T use KEX. I TEST it with THE SP. I don't care if a bug every get fixed or not because it will never touch my main system. TA TA.

I understand nothing about it.

What does TESTING it with THE SP exactly means?

And if you encounter problems, as you claim, why don't you tell us exactly what those problems are?

bugs I reported several years ago.

Last KernelEx update is 1 year and 4 months ago and yet, despite you never installed it (as far as I understand) you regularly claim it breaks vanilla stuff you have on your machine...

My word is golden, what about yours?

I don't think insulting everybody trying to get something across to you qualifies as golden words...

I see also you can't comprehend. I STOP USING KERENELEX WAY BEFORE XENO STOP DEVELOPMENT. I DIDN'T SAY A COUPLE, I SAID SEVERAL, MEANING MANY YEARS AGO. THIS IS WHY I AM NOT ACTIVE IN THE KEX FORUMS. BECAUSE I DON'T USE IT. CAN YOU GUYS COMPREHEND THAT. I DON'T USE IT. I WILL TEST IT, BUT I DON'T USE IT DAILY OR WEEKLY OR EVEN YEARLY. I ONLY TEST IT. I HAVE GIVEN XENO MANY COMPLEMENTS. PM HIM AND ASK HIM HAS WE EVER HAD A PROBLEM, HE WILL TELL YOU NO.

I understand nothing about it.

What does TESTING it with THE SP exactly means?

And if you encounter problems, as you claim, why don't you tell us exactly what those problems are?

It means on a clean install, something most people don't do. It means only stock apps, because everyone doesn't use the same software regardless if it made by the same company. I gave you a list of software you can test, its up to you where is goes from this point on. You telling me I can't prove something, but you have yet to prove me wrong. SMDH :no: