98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Here's an updated set of banners, hopefully you'll find common ground. Nevertheless, anybody is free to hack their own explorer.exe and replace the existing banner with any other in the package: download

The banner gallery has been updated as well, but it does not contain all the versions in the archive, so you better take a look inside before you vote.

Enjoy!

Why not present the user with the full banner gallery at installation time, let them pick their preference and patch explorer.exe on the spot? This way we wouldn't have any more complaints (unless they're really picky). :ph34r:

Nevermind, I'm drunk - that'd be too much freedom, could go to their head. :whistle:

Why not present the user with the full banner gallery at installation time, let them pick their preference and patch explorer.exe on the spot? This way we wouldn't have any more complaints (unless they're really picky). :ph34r:

Nevermind, I'm drunk - that'd be too much freedom, could go to their head. :whistle:

Thats possible but a lot of work. For starters, we will need a sub menu with all of the banners listed and viewable so users know which one they are picking. Hell, this is better than what Microsoft has given us. So far the voters like 14 because its simple, clean, and it go well with the Win ME icons. It really does look original and authentic, I might even use it. I will be changing my banner every week. LOL, just kidding but I might once a month :w00t:

Well I've had this banner on Windows 98SE for many years now.

post-84253-0-72862800-1361801095_thumb.j

I can't remember where it came from, but I suspect it was part of Gape's SP2.1a!

Never felt the need for anything different.

:)

We all know I like to explorer. Just because something is handed to me and others like it, doesn't mean I'm suppose to be content with it, I'm sure others feel the same way. I want a banner with PROBLEMCHYLD, but I haven't figured out what colors or font style yet. Besides, I will like to get the SP users out the way first. Nice to hear from you too Dave-H :thumbup Since Microsoft was too lazy to add Second Edition, we seem to be the ones picking up their slack :yes: If you notice, you can see Gapes version is base off of WinME and 2000 instead of the original Win98 version. He still did a great job. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

post-84253-0-72862800-1361801095_thumb.j

This is my favorite variation of the Start banner. uSP 1.5 and some newer versions have this in them.

This one can be voted on as well B) It doesn't matter to me which one is added B) The reason it was removed, because some people wanted everything to look original. Remember the icons situation. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Cold mold on a slate plate, but here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dw1b260aeic46fe

qb6PI3c.png

Also, since you're having a vote on start menu banners, why not include the one I made a few pages back? Sure, it doesn't really fit in with the Windows 98 default style, but hey, it's optional anyway so we should be allowed to have some creative freedom :) .

Cold mold on a slate plate, but here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dw1b260aeic46fe

qb6PI3c.png

Also, since you're having a vote on start menu banners, why not include the one I made a few pages back? Sure, it doesn't really fit in with the Windows 98 default style, but hey, it's optional anyway so we should be allowed to have some creative freedom :) .

Sure, since Drugwash already has the post with all of the banners, send him a link to yours so he can add it and have them all in one place. Thanks :thumbup