98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Sorry for the inconvenience :} Everything is up and running again :w00t::lol::yes: B)

The website is not displayed correctly in Chromium (SRWare Iron here). The download link is not shown at all :huh:

Works fine for me with SWare Iron and Win7 x64.

Cheers and Regards

A big THANKS to jaclaz :thumbup:D for creating the batch file.

I have added the original Win98 icons to main updates and the WinME/2000 icons optional.

As a bonus, it also removes the shortcut arrows.

Once installed, to removed them you must install main updates again or replace them manually.

There is no uninstall option. So far, this is the only change made to 3.6 and its ready.

I have tested the somewhat new option and it works with no issues.

Once again a big thanks to jaclaz for coming through as usual :yes:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

It installs with Windows Millennium Edition/Windows 2000 Color Scheme and icons option.

So technically yes.

Some people can't remove the shortcut arrows on icons with TWEAKUI because of the updated SHELL32.DLL.

Some will like it, some will hate it. Its only so many alternatives one has and they are limited. I have a new approach from now on. If a person can't contribute in some small way, I will ignore them to the fullest extent.

I'm not going to get upset anymore. Its funny how I ask the people who wanted the original Win98 icons, didn't even respond or come up with any suggestions or feedback. They just complain. jaclaz came up with a solution and didn't mumble one word about it. So thats why people will be ignored from this point on. I guess with the original icons, someone still going to find something to itchbay about. The hell with'em :unsure:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Its funny how I ask the people who wanted the original Win98 icons, didn't even respond or come up with any suggestions or feedback. They just complain. jaclaz came up with a solution and didn't mumble one word about it. So thats why people will be ignored from this point on. I guess with the original icons, someone still going to find something to itchbay about. The hell with'em :unsure:

There is a reason for that. The people who complain are the ones that are stuck with what you offer. They don't have the skills or knowledge to get around issues, or provide useful suggestions.

Jaclaz came up with a solution because he knew how. So of course he isn't going to complain, he didn't need to.

There are plenty of people that deserve to be ignored, but I would go by the reasonableness of, and practicality of solving, a complaint, rather than who complains, before deciding to ignore it.

You are right. There will definitely be more complaints, some reasonable, many unreasonable as long as you are maintaining this project or any other public project.

I have had my share. Don't let them get to you.

You are right. I am open for suggestions.

The icon issue was a big deal for some, not even most. I hope everyone is happy now.

I know its been only a week but I think I'm going to release 3.6 tomorrow.

I didn't have to do weeks of testing since the icons was the only change.

Its funny how I ask the people who wanted the original Win98 icons, didn't even respond or come up with any suggestions or feedback.

Some of us who prefer the original icons also don't use the service pack, and you told us not to respond. :P

If you don't use the SP please don't even bother to comment.

Just kidding, no offense intended. :D

Edited by LoneCrusader

Hi Problemchyld,

I think it is absolutely amazing what you are doing on a surely daily basis !! Thank you very much.

For my German Win98Se I unfortunately can't use your SPs directly to not mix English language files with the German ones but I always download your latest versions to check if there is anything in it that I don't have yet and want to test/use !!

So I will look for that file or I translate dialogs and/or strings (if possible) with a resource hacker.

Best regards, MiKl

Some of us who prefer the original icons also don't use the service pack, and you told us not to respond. :P

I understand if some prefer the original icons. My point is, complaining doesn't help any of us.

EXAMPLE 1: I don't use Win Vista, but I'm not in the Vista forums whining about I don't like this, I don't like that.

I have nothing to say about Vista, good or bad.

EXAMPLE 2: I don't know if you, jaclaz, rloew, and dencorso use the SP or not, but in some way, form or fashion

you guys have contribute to the cause. Where I'm from, you put up or shut up. You guys tend to put up. Thats why I respect all of you.

If you put in, you are entitled to take out. This is what I meant when I said if you don't use the SP don't bother to comment.

Lets hope the whining stop after 3.6 is released.

Well, for the record jaclaz did not express his opinion on the matter basically since he wasn't asked for one :angel .

He was asked if he could help in solving a small problem within a small batch file that PROBLEMCHYLD had already made and that was not "flexible" enough.

Hence jaclaz believing that - generically speaking - the project PROBLEMCHYLD :thumbup is carrying on is a highly useful one :) tried to help in solving the specific issue by suggesting the few "tweaks" needed in the batch.

But unless it had been evident that the little thing had "malicious" intent :ph34r: , jaclaz would have provided the same support, to everyone else or to any other project.

Heck, we are a Community, the idea is to exchange ideas/opinions and help each other! :yes:

As said here:

So I think that we all need anyway to listen to "people" and to what they have to say, about the fact that the majority of "people" are thankless little bastards, and only post to complain, that's probably true and it's a fact of life, you must learn to live with it, as this is counter-balanced by the (few) thank-yous that you get by the "good" guys/gals :) and by the personal satisfcation of having made something useful.

jaclaz