98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Ok but what do i do with the xp files and the ie5.5 files?, i already have ie6sp1 on there, so this is the version of mine 6.00.2800.1106 vs yours 5.50.4959.2200.

Also doubt i need to change ever version of HHCTRLUI.DLL right? there's alot of them and alot of languages.

Put them all in the same folder. For HHCTRLUI.DLL only use your version.

I didn't understand what you meant with put them all in the same folder, should i add the ie6sp1 files or the 5.5 ones? if i can find them that is.

I have found some of the files but there's still alot of them, maybe i'll get around to it one of these days :P anyway the main question is above.

I didn't understand what you meant with put them all in the same folder, should i add the ie6sp1 files or the 5.5 ones? if i can find them that is.

I have found some of the files but there's still alot of them, maybe i'll get around to it one of these days :P anyway the main question is above.

All files that are (NOT) language neutral, put them all in the same folder.

We canNOT go any further until you have all the none language neutral files in the same folder.

I did add my and Drugwash's resaults and no answer :o j/k i've done what i can without getting a headacke, have enough of those as it is :P

All the files that are not language neutral get them and put them in a folder.

Make sure they are the latest, the same version as in SP3 but your language.

Then get back at me.

Would like to build a German-version of SP3 !! Is there a quick way to find out which files are not language neutral ??

I love seeing that this project is being maintained. It's great to see the vision of Windows 98SE continuing 13 years after it's release. Good job to all those involved!

It has been some years. Glad to see you in this neck of the woods :w00t:

I'd like to have it, however I don't think it should be included in SP. Where can I download it?

Heres the Link

Now, why did I even bother to build this tool then? :whistle: ( download )

Many people who want to localize the SP will find it useful :thumbup

The file Oleaut32.dll version 2.40.4522 (in SP3.2) was replaced (in SP3.3) Oleaut32.dll in version 2.40.4520. Can someone give me specific information about the cause of this exchange?

Thanks in advance!

Now, why did I even bother to build this tool then? :whistle: ( download )

Is the file available in a different compressed archive?

I'm running Knoppix 6.7.1 (Debian build of Linux) to browse the net, and it doesn't recognize the "7zip" format in the "Xarchiver," and my SkinyZip tool on my '98 machines don't either. If I must download 7zip to see this file I'd rather not, but please be kind and say so if there's no other way.

@PROBLEMCHYLD

I'd like to report a bug, or perhaps an incompatability(?)

It seems that 440BX chipsets and Universal Plug and Play [optional package provided by the Service Pack] completely breaks AGP card usability. What do I mean? Well, I have out lined it in this post

Basically what is going on with it is anytime there is an internet connection and you start any app that accesses the graphics card [games, videos, etc] you get severe stutter and extreme severe stutter if you attempt to play a game online, you disable internet [unplug the CAT5 cable, or disable WiFi] and all is well again, perfect framerates and no stuttering from the soundcard nor from the AGP output.

I was stuggling with figuring out what was wrong for over a week, and so today I formatted, reinstalled Windows 98SE and systematically installed one item at a time from the SP until the issue started to occur again. All was fine with each package I installed and then after I installed Universal Plug and Play the stuttering began again, so I think it is safe to say that there is some kind of incompatability there with it and 440BX chipsets.

That pc's system specs are 700Mhz Pentium III "Coppermine", ASUS P3B-F v1.04 440BX Motherboard, 512 MB PC100 RAM, 17" CRT monitor, GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP, SB16 SCSI + NEC XR385 [DB60XG clone], 13GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive, Internal 100MB ZIP.

Universal Plug and Play the stuttering began again, so I think it is safe to say that there is some kind of incompatability there with it and 440BX chipsets.

Do you have any Universal Plug and Play devices? If you don't, then its no need to install it.

If you do have UPNP devices, you still have to configure it.

The service pack only install files, you have to do the actual configuring yourself.

Maybe someone with an 440BX chipset can help us. Thank you for testing :thumbup

I'm going to release an update sometime next week. I have exhausted all possibilities.

The are no new updates or files that I know of to work with SP3. I'm about to devote my time to Windows 2000.

I have been working on the SP since last October. I think all bugs are quashed and its very stable.

Loved working on U98SESP3. If any bugs occur, I will fix them immediately.

Love you guys/gals :thumbup:w00t:

Hi Problemchyld,

I have noticed that pdm.dll is not included in SP3 !! I still have version 7.00.9466 running on my system but on my XP I found 9.0.30729.1.

Is the XP-version (or later) not compatible with Win98SE ?? Or is it just not necessary to update this file ?

All the best,

Mikl