Firefox 1.5 RELEASED!

Tarun

Mozilla Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform. It includes a popup blocker, tabbed browsing, a smarter search, hassle free downloading, and improved privacy and security.

Although Firefox 1.5 is not officially released until 3PM EST, 12PM PST; Lunarsoft.net did a little investigating and found the official release is already set for download. The other language builds will be released soon. Enjoy and happy surfing!

Download: Firefox 1.5 (5.0MB, *.exe) | Other Systems & Languages

Changelog: Release Notes

Source: Lunarsoft.net

Edited by Tarun

It's not out yet. Note that this release will be released under Mozilla Corporation, so 1.5 ain't live until http://www.mozilla.com is.

Also, if you're running RC3, no need to upgrade, it's the exact same build. The FTP's you're linking to have been around for some time, and the pages you're linking haven't even been updated.

My $0.02. If I wanted, I declared an official 1.5 a week ago. :P

Also, if you're running RC3, no need to upgrade, it's the exact same build....

My $0.02. If I wanted, I declared an official 1.5 a week ago. :P

I should point out this isn't a bad thing, in fact it sounds like the team are following a solid coding practice.

RC1 means every feature is finished and major bugs are squashed. Many shops release their software at this point and deal with the bugs later, but often RC1 implies there are no known bugs but further tested is still needed.

When further testing (public testing) is done and the last bugs are found, they are fixed, RC2 comes out and the process repeats. When the RC2 bugs are fixed, we get RC3, and a few times I've seen software where RC3 was the same as the final build.