Release: XP integrate, slipstream drivers and create ISO

Ghostrider

I read in a recent post that someone wanted to make the process of creating cd's unnattended; as i'm always doing 3 or more things at the same time i decided i wanted this too...

So..I put together a few batch files that use Ryan/Siginets integrator, Powerpacker and BTS driverpacks. The batch scripts are very simple and require .ISO images of the original XP cd's, tweakui (to prevent autorun) and Deamon tools to mount the images. They are then linked to automate the process of integrating hotfixes, addons and media player, slipstream drivers (make run_me.bat unnatended 1st) and then create the ISO.

What is also required is the creation of folders to place isoimages, source files and end packaged files. I used C:\isoimages + C:\source\xppoem C:\source\xphoem etc C:\source\$oem$ C:\source\replace\home and pro. You of course can use whatever folders you wish, try to use names without spaces though.

I always start with XP home then create Pro, the way i have put it together means you end up with multiboot cd's of OEM home/Pro and Retail home/pro. You can change the order or sequence to suit yourself. The batch files also include instructions to integrate winntbbu files and later change the cdshell.ini file and splash.csi for the boot menu. As with any batch file you can REM any lines you dont need

PS i'm no programmer, so this just does a job quick and dirty, if anyone can improve them then go ahead but i hope people find them useful as they are. just a reminder always start with the home batch file. Reply, PM or email me if you need further help.

Edit: there is a typo in the retail pro integrate file, change the $ to % in systemdrive

I have updated the pack with some additional stuff and fixed some typo's i have been testing on a 900mhz Celeron with 512mb ram and the start to finish process of integrating, slipstreaming and burning an ISO took 2 1/2 hours

PowerPack.zip

Edited by Ghostrider

Thanks Ghostrider. :) This is exactly what I am trying to do with my programs. I want to make everything 100% Unattended in the creation of multiboot disks. ;)

In the near future the RVMIntegrator and Windows XP PowerPacker will have features that will help link them together without the need of many batch files. The RVMIntegrator will be able to call an external program (Windows XP PowerPacker or any other program) with any specified switches. It will run it after it finishes integration. This way it will be as simple as making your ini file and having Windows XP PowerPacker called from within the integrator. ;) Windows XP PowerPacker will also have the capability of calling external programs as well. I plan to have an option to save your ini file into any specified name. And give the option to load a different ini file as well.

I also want to work on having PowerPacker automatically edit the BTS cmd file to make it unattended and hide the cmd windows. I also want to make sure the hex editing portions are completely hidden as well... to help keep the windows popups away during packing.

Thanks Ghostrider. :) This is exactly what I am trying to do with my programs. I want to make everything 100% Unattended in the creation of multiboot disks. ;)

In the near future the RVMIntegrator and Windows XP PowerPacker will have features that will help link them together without the need of many batch files. The RVMIntegrator will be able to call an external program (Windows XP PowerPacker or any other program) with any specified switches. It will run it after it finishes integration. This way it will be as simple as making your ini file and having Windows XP PowerPacker called from within the integrator. Windows XP PowerPacker will also have the capability of calling external programs as well. I plan to have an option to save your ini file into any specified name. And give the option to load a different ini file as well.

I also want to work on having PowerPacker automatically edit the BTS cmd file to make it unattended and hide the cmd windows. I also want to make sure the hex editing portions are completely hidden as well... to help keep the windows popups away during packing.

Well thank you for creating the programs..i was looking for something to do this kind of thing as i spent quite some time integrating, slipstreaming DP's and then creating a multiboot (all manually :( ) this is about as quick and as automatic as i can make it right now... i look forward to the new incarnations... :thumbup

I have updated the pack with some additional stuff and fixed some typo's i have been testing on a 900mhz Celeron with 512mb ram and the start to finish process of integrating, slipstreaming and burning a multiboot ISO took 2 1/2 hours

See my 1st post for the download