[Question] | F8 Prob In XP EULA

Shadowarez

has anyone else found this prob? iv tryed everythign its even happened in a new rig from a 32bit to a 64 bit has same prob, and all parts are new, basicly i load xp for a fresh install on my sata drive, wd 250 gb, its running off a nv raid using both drivers, the cd is a SP2 intagrated bootable cd, it'll load the windows setup,. it'll load the raid drivers, but when it comes to hitting F8 to agree to the EULA screen it wont accept F8 even with a new Keyboard, the only way i was able to make it work was to use Nlite to create a unattened cd, but that isnt so good becasue i cant use xp rescue , it always comes up with a netmap.inf prob. hopefully someone has seen thsi before, and can fix the F8 issue,

it is a driver problem and it can happen on ps/2 or usb... that is if the keyboard is one of the fancy multimedia ones with a heap of other buttons on it and/or has alternate uses for the function keys...

put a plain old keyboard on to do your install and then put your good one back on next time you reboot.

iv tryed a plain old ibm keyboard, thats about 5 years old lol it has a standard P/S 2 port on it, i also use the microsoft digital media pro keyboard, and the new ms explorer 4.0 both usb but have the P/S 2 connecters on them, mayb i should ask the tech to sell me his since his worked lol, :lol:

yeah iv tryed that pgdwn to bottom then try hit F8 waity for a few mins then try again and nothign only thing it will let me do is hit F3 and quit, this is on a XP SP2 Slipstreamed version of XP and the XP 64 MSDN Version, should i go back to SP 1a and just do upgrade from thier? :blink: