ScrubXP "Weapon of Mass Destruction"

Found this nice freeware proggie, been using it this weekend, and think I will keep it around. Be carefull with it though because it is dangerous in the wrong hands.Download Here.

Description:

ScrubXP is a one-click cleanup tool, that runs in your system tray. As soon as you click it, it will delete and clean the following items: IE History, IE Temporary Files, IE Cookies, Recent Documents List, Recycle Bin, Auto-complete Entries (and Turns it Off). It also cleans the Recent File Lists for Run, Common Dialogs, Recent Documents, Search Assistant, Typed URLs, Paint, Find Computer, Printer Ports, Find Files, Media Player, Previous Tasks, and Real Player. The program runs automatically when you start your computer and additional cleanups can be performed by double-clicking the tray icon. There is no configuration, the program cleans all of the above every time it is run.

A parent that lets his kid(s) on the PC for a little surfing should be concerned if any of the following applies:

Say you are surfing hot and heavy between a lot of sites and need the cookies for fast page loads, or visit a lot of password required sites and do not want to type them in every time, or saved a lot of paint jobs and need to open/close and bring up the last job from the recents list, or cant remember the word document you last saved and need to open it in the recent documents menu.ScrubXP deletes all of that stuff to include the trash bin. It also deletes recently visited web sites from the URL drop down menu.

One of the things I do is visit new web sites that friends and associates ask to look at for one reason or another. Most of the time I remember to bookmark certain pages, but sometimes I forget. A quick glance at the URL address drop down menu finds in almost everytime. But this also deletes that stuff.

This is wholesale slaughter :)

• 2 weeks later...