LogiTech SetPoint v2.46, -hide systray icon.

BoardBabe

Hehe, it is quite easy. Logitech's SetPoint saves ALL its settings in

"%appdata%\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml"

So what I do, is to configure SetPoint, then I add the user.xml to my UA-DVD and use the following batch file to copy the configuration to HDD BEFORE I install SetPoint via AutoIt.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

md "%appdata%\Logitech\SetPoint"

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i:

copy /Y "%CDROM%\Install\Dirver\SetPoint\user.xml" "%appdata%\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml"

Works for me (and also the settings, if the tray icon hides or not is in it, as you can configure this in SetPoint, right?)

@Dynaletik: What can I say.... -Thank you! That's exactly the info I was looking for. Embarrased i didnt check appdata folder myself though, hehe :P

Thanks!

Oh one more thing though. I see the XML contains some references to some APPS. Can a XML file contain %SystemDrive% parameter?

<Apps>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\OUTLOOK.EXE</App>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\WINWORD.EXE</App>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\POWERPNT.EXE</App>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\EXCEL.EXE</App>
</Apps>

Above was found in the .xml file, do I need it? And could path be changed to %SystemDrive%......?

@Dynaletik: What can I say.... -Thank you! That's exactly the info I was looking for. Embarrased i didnt check appdata folder myself though, hehe :P

Thanks!

Oh one more thing though. I see the XML contains some references to some APPS. Can a XML file contain %SystemDrive% parameter?

<Apps>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\OUTLOOK.EXE</App>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\WINWORD.EXE</App>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\POWERPNT.EXE</App>
<App>C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\OFFICE11\\EXCEL.EXE</App>
</Apps>

Above was found in the .xml file, do I need it? And could path be changed to %SystemDrive%......?

I don't know if this works with %systemdrive%, but that are the applications, that get started, when you hit the excel key on your keyboard.

I would have answered this earlier, but we had a lack of energy in germany, because of the weather. I'm using this method since one year now. It just works, but never tested with %systemdrive% or %programfiles%. Sorry. :)