[Help] - Internet explorer is not working properly

bobbydazzler

Pleae help.

My Internet Explorer has never worked properly, I am currently using another browser to access the internet and I have no problems with this but with Internet explorer it will let me access some sites and not others, and sometimes it just decides to shut down when I am clicking on certain links.

Can anyone please help me

Thank You

Sarah.

I currently have AVG antivirus installed so my computer should be safe, I have done a virus scan and everything is fine. I am currently using another browser for the internet but would prefer to use internet explorer.

As ColdFusion said, why not stick with Firefox? If it's the look if Internet Explorer you are going for then try

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/firefox_internet_explorer/

There's really no reason (except maybe for Windows Update, but somebody even came up with a solution to that) that you would need to use IE.

P.S. You say you are using "another browser". What exactly are you using?

Edited by nolookingca

Ok, go into the Control Panel, open up the Internet Options applet, then go to Tools > Options > Advanced, and uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions" setting. If you do that (and close all IE windows before trying again), do the problems still exist?

To all those people who suggested Opera or Firefox... you're not helping much. The original problem was with IE not working, so providing an alternate browser doesn't fix the problem. It's a work around. The original poster also said that he/she would prefer to use IE.

Your IE must have worked properly at some point... Follow through this guide and then come back. Focus more so on the malware and Windows Errors sections than the rest (probably don't have to worry about drivers).

Windows 2000/XP Troubleshooting Guide

Also, be sure to look through the Malware Prevention forum for Spyware/Adware scanners and other tips there.

Malware Prevention