basic question about adsl connection.

jquintino

hi to all

i install a pc on my grandfathers house , simple people, they never work with a pc.

i put internet with a moden usb adsl.

my question is:

there is away when the pc start, he conects automatic to internet via usb adsl.

off couse user and password previos post and record.

the simple think, fast, no more workarounds.

thanks

why not just activate "Always use this connection" options in Internet Options in Control Panel ?

And when any applications want to access to the web the connexion run automatically ... you can check "Auto-connecting" to not confirm the autoconnexion ... sorry for my englosh .. I'm french ...

Goodbye.

I thought that all versions of dsl are essentially always on type of connections. There is one IP which may be dynamic or fixed connecting to the internet (ISP's choice) & the second one which connects to the pc which again is either dynamic or fixed ( user's choice). There is no need to do anything at all user. Soon as your PC is booted up you are on line.

Edited by pmshah

There is no need to do anything at all user. Soon as your PC is booted up you are on line.

That's not always true. :no:

It's an option of the individual ISP. Some do require a log-in procedure before the actual connection is completed. Clicking on a desktop icon is usually required to accomplish this.

It's not common, but it does exist.

If there was a question and request for information in the original post....I totally missed it. Sorry!

Happy Holidays,

Andromeda43

i find a way

simple

go to the proprieties of your connection, change to security, chek the box that asked por password and user name, chek teh tha ask for phone and done.

the copy the shortcut to your startup (inside the menu start)

and voila

when you restart the pc make a conection withou ask a name or password.