Windows2003 and Partition Magic

Im trying to partition out about 10 gigs of my 40gig Wd drive drive. I currently have Win2k3 installed. I want to format the Os casue i installed over 2000 and it seems a bit flakey, but i dont wanna loose about 25 gigs of moves and tv rips..i have no other drives to back them up to, so i figured breaking the drive in 2 would be the best idea. Unfortunitly Partition MAgic 8 does not work on 200 or win2k3. Are there any upgrades or are there any applications i can use to do this?

Thankx

=Drew

Partition Magic isn't made to be used on Servers, as its a home product.

I couldn't find ServerMagic on the Powerquest site, seems they only support it for Netware now. But I'm guessing VolumeManager is the one: http://www.powerquest.com/volumemanager/ (only for NT4 and 2000 though)

Wait a while, cos a win2k3 compatible app is bound to come soon. In fact I haven't seen a third-party program made compatible for Win2k3 yet (even though some work fine).

• 4 weeks later...

For Windows 2003 Servers, you must use the PowerQuest ServerMagic 4.0 (which we used back with NT4).

PowerQuest VolumeManager 2.0 (the successor of ServerMagic for Win2K), bizarelly doesn't work on 2003 Servers either (won't install - it said this product doesn't install on XP :) ).

The Acronis software doesn't work on servers either.

Maybe, there is an another solution, but I don't know if it works on servers, Partition Manager 2003 7.0

http://www.7tools.com/

• 2 weeks later...

that is because disk management doesn't have all the features of partition magic, or similar software

you cannot resize/move existing partitions with data on it, you cannot convert from one type to other etc...