Synergy - use one keyboard/mouse for many computers

prathapml

logo.gif

Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Redirecting the mouse and keyboard is as simple as moving the mouse off the edge of your screen. Synergy also merges the clipboards of all the systems into one, allowing cut-and-paste between systems. Furthermore, it synchronizes screen savers so they all start and stop together and, if screen locking is enabled, only one screen requires a password to unlock them all.

Synergy is open source and released under the GNU Public License (GPL).

With synergy, all the computers on your desktop form a single virtual screen. You use the mouse and keyboard of only one of the computers while you use all of the monitors on all of the computers. You tell synergy how many screens you have and their positions relative to one another. Synergy then detects when the mouse moves off the edge of a screen and jumps it instantly to the neighboring screen. The keyboard works normally on each screen; input goes to whichever screen has the cursor.

In this example, the user is moving the mouse from left to right. When the cursor reaches the right edge of the left screen it jumps instantly to the left edge of the right screen.

warp.gif

Excellent Excellent find prathapml.

I've been looking for something like this for quite awhile now as I could never get mulplicity to work correctly, although i do have to agree with Incroyable HULK that it would be much better with monitor switching as well although then it would lag and I'm quite happy with having to break out my glasses for the cost of no lag so i can see what i'm typing on the other screen :thumbup Great find none the less

-D-