Service Pack for Windows ME

the_guy

Thanks man! I would've replied to you sooner, but I've been gone due to bad weather (one inch of snow and ice mixed). Due to that, Alpha 2 has been delayed further. I was gonna release it tommorrow, but it seems that it will be released this weekend. Oh and wish me good luck on my writing assessment this Wednesday.
You're welcome. ;)

No worries.

Just let me know when you post a new edition.

And because it's bad luck to say "good luck" [in some circles anyway], a better version would be... "break a leg". ;)

Well, I have released Alpha 2 (version 0.2), but I've asked MDGx to not put on his site until it goes through more testing by testers and members at WPC. People are still welcome to try it out now, but bugs may arise at the moment. I hold no responsibility for any loss or corruption of data. This program may also void the EULA so be warned. Just remember the same warnings like other projects here on MSFN like RP9, KernelEX, etc.

Also, just wanting to let people know that Marxo is getting close to releasing Windows Lupus Alpha 4. Go on WPC for more Info!

α 2 posted here:

http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm#ME1

and here:

http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php#021710

* Unofficial Windows ME Service Pack 2 (SP2) Alpha 2 installs ALL previously released Hotfixes, Patches + Updates (free):

http://www.winprj.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=781

ME SP2 [6.33 MB, English]:

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/MESP2.EXE

Requires MS IE 6.0 SP1 already installed:

http://www.mdgx.com/toy.htm#IEX

Keep up the good work!

HTH

• 1 year later...

@ togermano's,

I was thinking about it a long time ago to update WinME version of the SP too.

It almost seems that our Win9X crowd are getting smaller by the day.

Once I get 98SESP3 to almost 99.99999999999999 flawless,

I'll consider lookng in to the WinME SP. :thumbup:w00t::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah! Problemchyld! B)

Go ahead and do it! :thumbup We will definetly use this one!

And a comment: Windows 9x crowd is not turning smaller every day! Or maybe it is, but only when speaking of native usage of these OSes on actual computers. I use virtually WIndows 9x and I am sure there are many people out there who are doing the same. My virtually created Windows 9x on Virtualbox don't even have a significant performance difference compared to a native system. I am very impressed and happy about that. A good Windows Me Service Pack is what the WIndows 9x community is missing at the moment. And you are the man to make it happen! :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If someone can get me a list of all the updates thats not already included in the old version of WinME SP.x.

I can start the procedure.

Apparently when you PM certain people, they tend to ignore you. So I'll do it myself.

I'm not a WinME power user, but someone like loblo can really help me. Not tooo proud to ask for help.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

If someone can get me a list of all the updates thats not already included in the old version of WinME SP.x.

I can start the procedure.

Apparently when you PM certain people, they tend to ignore you. So I'll do it myself.

I'm not a WinME power user, but someone like loblo can really help me. Not tooo proud to ask for help.

I've never used ME on a regular basis, only installed it a couple of times to play with it.

But, I did do something useful with it. I visited Windows Update with a fresh vanilla install of Windows ME, made a list of the updates, and downloaded them not long before Windows Update went down. I have also collected several HotFixes to be slipstreamed when I have time to work on Windows ME. (98SE and 95C come first here, sorry ME lovers. :angel )

@PROBLEMCHYLD

I don't know what is in the ME Service Pack or what isn't, but if you find an update that you need and can't locate, let me know and I'll see if I have it archived. Or, if you get a complete list of the updates, I will see if I have anything else that is not on it.

Maybe three years ago I had read the topic and so I'm not familiar with the ServicePack. I had to read the whole topic once more. Usually I don't install it.

What I immediately install is:

1. IE6 SP1 (I use OutlookExpress) 2. DirectX9c (directx8.1) 3. NetFramework 1.1 and 2.0 4. unicows.dll (1.1.3790.0) 5. Adaptec Aspi 4.71.2 ( version 4.6 included in the Pack) 6. VisualBasic 6.0 SP6 (vbrun60sp6.exe) 7. USB 2.0 ME driver 8. MDAC 2.81 SP1 9. VisualC++ red 2005 (SP) and 2008 10. 48bit LBA driver (included in the Pack) 11. KernelEX 4.5.2 12. RevolutionsPack 9.7.2 13. SafeModePatch 14. in the future MSXML4 SP2 15. NTFS for Win98 if needed 16. Tihiy's Network activity indicator 17. MS ProcessExplorer, chipset driver, graphics driver, .....

The numbering isn't the chronology.

Edited by schwups