Service Pack for Windows ME

the_guy

Any news about an Updated Windows Me Service Pack? I came to conclusion that, WIndows Me is the most convenient Windows 9x edition, if you want to setup a virtual Win. 9x System.

I'm looking into it; trouble is, it won't be for a little while. I hope to have it all working flawlessly before I release it.

This is about all you going to get which was over 5 months ago. :ph34r: Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I haven't found anyone to get me that list that I asked for. Either people don't use the pack, too busy or just don't care. I don't have the time ATM to do it, thats why I asked for some help. I can start working on the pack as soon as I get a list. It is you guys who can motivate me to get the ball rollin. If you lack, then its makes no sense for any of us to waste our time.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

• 1 month later...

Anyone who has the list that Problemchyld asks for in sight?It would be very nice to have a full featured stable SP for Windows Millenium! Which might not have had a long life, but still has much to offer! ;)

• 1 month later...

If one was to take up this task, the Unofficial Windows Millennium Edition Service Pack 3.0 could be build from the already stable Unofficial Windows 98 Second Edition Service Pack 3 by replacing Win98 Main Updates with the WinME Main Updates and by removing the unecessary options

Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 Core Files
Microsoft Agent Server 2.0
Universal Plug-n-Play
Windows Management Instrumentation
Windows Millennium Edition/Windows 2000 Theme
Zip folders

also adding dos mode back, patching files, logos, etc.... All other options are compatible, so that means most of the work is done. It would actually be a smaller pack too.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I'm looking into it; trouble is, it won't be for a little while. I hope to have it all working flawlessly before I release it.

Did you blow smoke up our @$$ or are you really going to update it? So far, no actions from you, and to be honest, I don't think there will ever be <_< Edited by Hu$tle

Did you blow smoke up our @$$ or are you really going to update it? So far, no actions from you, and to be honest, I don't think there will ever be <_<

Tone it down, Hu$tle. We need more words of encouragement rather than discouragement, please. Our community has already lost many developers. Let's not drive the few who remain away.

• 2 months later...

Any new news on the service pack?

I was waiting on a response from the_guy, but he hasn't been on here in a few months. It is pretty easy now to update Windows Millennium Edition SP since most of the options from Windows 98 Second Edition SP are compatible with WinME. I was also waiting on Win98 to reach greater stability, so the bugs from one SP don't get transferred to the other. Here is what I can do, I can create a Windows Millennium Edition SP 3 beta version with all options available except Main Updates. This will take some finesse for Main Updates. While users are working with optional components, I could be working on other things. There is a lot of changes to be made to main updates, bmp, patches, testing etc.... This is just an hypothetical scenario :unsure:

Here is what I can do, I can create a Windows Millennium Edition SP 3 beta version with all options available except Main Updates. This will take some finesse for Main Updates. While users are working with optional components, I could be working on other things. There is a lot of changes to be made to main updates, bmp, patches, testing etc.... This is just an hypothetical scenario :unsure:

Great news PROBLEMCHYLD :yes: