Good Sound Card

Nerwin

Whats a good sound card thats is under $50

*I dont do any gaming

*Like to listen to music alot

*I like to watch some movies (DVD)

BTW, What kind of speakers are good for this?, i was thing to go with Bose but i dont know.

Whats a good sound card thats is under $50

*I dont do any gaming

*Like to listen to music alot

*I like to watch some movies (DVD)

BTW, What kind of speakers are good for this?, i was thing to go with Bose but i dont know.

Dont like you have the name "Computer Expert" :D

i know i just want to know other people opinions first before i buy.

what mobo?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

I looked into it a little bit, they been making motherboard since 1987 and it fits all of my needs and it is better than mine becasue mine is a foxconn 661FX7MF and dose not Support HT.

Edited by computerMan

For music, the X-Mystique , completely rips apart Audigys for quality and thats without upgrading its swappable OPAMP preamp circuit.

It only supports up to EAX2, but your not a gamer and most games support EAX2 across the board anyways.

It can also real time incode into DDlive.

All sound cards under $250 have the same quality, it is the features of the card itself that make the difference in cost. 24-bit sound means very little, primarily because most sound samples are still 16-bit.

ECS makes somewhat cheap boards but I've never seen a problem with them. The realtek card onboard should be just fine and I would also recommend the logitechs that someone posted before.

thanks i know its better than my than my motherboard (Foxconn 661fx7mf). When i ever install a HDD on that Mobo it always fails but if i install it from our dells motherboard it Works Fine.

Yeah i guss i will just use the intergrated sound, now i dont have to buy a sound card so that saves me money.

I like M-audio a lot. Though they are a bit out of your price range. I have the Delta 410, it shows up now and again on sale at newegg. I think around $80. I just checked and I don't even see the Revolution cards on there, maybe I missed them. Anyway Here's the specs for the 410 (It's not on M-audio's website, they are still updating the drivers though)

2 Analog Inputs (RCA coax). 8 Outputs (RCA coax). 1 Coax S/PDIF in, and 1 output, with AC3 and DTS surround. The driver is excellent as well, although it takes a while to get used to. I've emailed customer support in the past as well, and can't say it was very good. Seemed like very generic responses, or they would ask for more information about my questions just to be lazy. They did respond promptly though, can't complain too much.

I've owned a Revo 7.1 prior to this and it is equally impressive (although still around 80 or 90 bucks, the 5.1 might be in your price range). I believe Turtle beach is supposed to make good sound cards, but it's been a while since I've I did my research. Definetely, in my opinion, stay away from Creative. Creative lost a lawsuit for selling a soundcard which they claimed had 24 bit output, but the card was simply resampling. I read through their forums a bunch and people seem to have a lot of driver issues. On the other hand, I know there cards are very easy to modify. If you can solder you can add S/PDIF connections to some of the cards.

A very important thing is to consider is the connections on the sound card. Make sure you buy a card with enough connections for the equipment you wish to use. Don't get too caught up in different surround formats either, many surround formats go by multiple names, and manufacturers use these formats as a gimmick to sell their products. If you are not buying a 5.1 spkear setup then you don't really have to be concerned at all with any of that dolby crap. For music, I agree with Cyberloner, The 2.1 would be excellent. Klipsch has great product support. They extended my warranty for an extra year on the 5.1 speakers due to possible subwoofer problems caused by parts made by another manufacturer. They have forums there too, so you can get an idea of their customer service.

Ok, I'll stop my diarhea of the mouth now. One day I'll learn to keep my posts short.