What about having XPize replacing system font?

Francesco

What about changing windows system font to the new Segoe UI (the one present in longhorn)? I mean the one that ms has been developing for 2 years and that seems really similar to lucida :P

Edited by Francesco

That is one ugly font.

Segoe UI 9pt seems fontastic! I'm using it right now and I think it looks better than the old boring tahoma.

If ms chose to use segoe ui in longhorn and had its ui developers working on that font for 2 years probably there must have been a reason... (maybe they were stuck with wingdings as their system font and they didn't know how to change it :P)

Edited by Francesco

nope, office 2003 is a tahoma based product, segoe ui has been in the making for 2 years at MS, and its the new vista font and office 12 font

office 12 will use 8pt and vista will use 9pt as standard.

but ya right in saying it renders better in cleartype, that is what it was designed for :)

and i personally like that fact XPero has made XPize change all the ugly remains of MS Sans Serif into Tahoma, xp looks a LOT better like this :D

nope, office 2003 is a tahoma based product, segoe ui has been in the making for 2 years at MS, and its the new vista font and office 12 font

office 12 will use 8pt and vista will use 9pt as standard.

but ya right in saying it renders better in cleartype, that is what it was designed for :)

and i personally like that fact XPero has made XPize change all the ugly remains of MS Sans Serif into Tahoma, xp looks a LOT better like this :D

no no I meant that I think it came with office 2003 not that office 2003 was using it

I have a lcd screen and it renders a lot better it would be great if XPero used that instead of tahoma

• 4 weeks later...