Super Windows XP SP1 CD :-)

Good God this is the most incredible thing I have ever seen!!!!!

I have been running on Win2k for the past year and a half, and am getting ready to switch to XP soon.

Looks like in the near future, I will be learning how to write batch files, etc. haha.

Funny how sometimes ya don't really feel like learning stuff until you actually find a reason to do so.....

I used to just create a seperate cd for all the programs I typically use on my machine and install them one at a time. AFTER installing the OS.

This will take it one step further (several steps actually) and will save me a lot of time, and with 100-150 Mb of free space on a disc (aside from the OS) it will make it much easier to install the other software I use haha.

Thank you all for coming up with this s***. This is totally amazing!!!

Good God this is the most incredible thing I have ever seen!!!!!

I have been running on Win2k for the past year and a half, and am getting ready to switch to XP soon.

Looks like in the near future, I will be learning how to write batch files, etc. haha.

Funny how sometimes ya don't really feel like learning stuff until you actually find a reason to do so.....

I used to just create a seperate cd for all the programs I typically use on my machine and install them one at a time. AFTER installing the OS.

This will take it one step further (several steps actually) and will save me a lot of time, and with 100-150 Mb of free space on a disc (aside from the OS) it will make it much easier to install the other software I use haha.

Thank you all for coming up with this s***. This is totally amazing!!!

In theory, using the super cd u can create batch file that will install the programmes you already have on your already exsistent program cd, its quite simple eg. %driveletter%/%program% %switches%, this should be able to work..

Sunil

AaronXP

I created a unattended cd also as everyone...with your help :rolleyes: well 2 really

Only 1 problem :

I have 2 hard drives using

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

UnattendSwitch="no"

WaitForReboot="No"

the install stops at the partition screen to select what drive.

using:

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

UnattendSwitch="no"

WaitForReboot="No"

It installs everything on d: but the root files like NTDETECT.COM, boot.ini and so to the c:

Do you know what I'm doing wrong ?

BTW this is so cool...and every app istalls fine also the hotfixes.

Thanks for all your post the have helped

Tbone2 :)

is it possible to also add guides for installing Adobe and Macromedia apps. I'd like to integrate them into one DVD. Thanks  :)

Most of the Adobe apps uses WISE, and Macromedia uses Installshield. Switches for these packages can be found on the Applications page.

An exception is Adobe Reader which uses netopsystems, there is a dedicated page for Adobe Reader on the site.

Has anyone covered how to add harddrive controler drivers when setup asks for them? Can a silent install be interupted to do this and restarted?

Taken from the OPK.chm, hope its of some help:

Preinstalling Mass-Storage DevicesPlug and Play installs most hardware devices, which can be loaded later in the Setup process. However, mass-storage devices, such as hard disks, must be properly installed for full Plug and Play support to be available during GUI-mode Setup. For this reason, their installation is handled differently from that of other hardware devices.

When the [MassStorageDrivers] is used in Unattend.txt, no in-box mass-storage drivers are installed during text-mode Setup unless they are specified in this section. If this section is missing or empty, Setup attempts to detect the SCSI devices on the computer and install the corresponding in-box drivers.

Note

You don’t need to specify a device if it is already supported by Windows XP.

To preinstall SCSI devices during text-mode Setup, before full Plug and Play support is available, you must provide a Txtsetup.oem file that describes how Setup should install the particular SCSI device.

For more information about Txtsetup.oem, see the Microsoft Driver Development Kit (http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/).

To preinstall a mass-storage device

In the \$OEM$ subfolder of the distribution folder, create the \Textmode subfolder.

Copy the files from the disks supplied by the device vendor to the \Textmode subfolder. These files normally include:

Driver.sys

Driver.dll

Driver.inf

Driver.cat

Txtsetup.oem

where Driver is the driver name.

Notes

You must also copy the driver files to the location you specified in the OemPnPDriversPath entry in the answer file(s). For example:

OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio;drivers\net

Some drivers, such as SCSI miniport drivers, may not include a .dll file.

A catalog file (Driver.cat) must be included with mass-storage device drivers if it is listed in Txtsetup.oem.

For more information about catalog files, see the Microsoft Windows Driver Development Kit at:

http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/

In the Unattend.txt file, create a [MassStorageDrivers] section, and then type any driver entries in that section. For example, a possible entry in the [MassStorageDrivers] section is:

"Adaptec 2940…" = "OEM"

Obtain the information for this section from the Txtsetup.oem file provided by the hardware manufacturer.

In the Unattend.txt file, create an [OEMBootFiles] section, and in it type a list of the files in the \$OEM$\Textmode folder. For example:

[OEMBootFiles]

Driver.sys

Driver.dll

Driver.inf

Driver.cat

Txtsetup.oem

where Driver is the driver name.

Important

Only add driver entries to the [MassStorageDrivers] and [OEMBootFiles] sections for bootable mass-storage devices. Do not include secondary mass-storage devices. Instead, add the drivers for secondary mass-storage devices to the folder specified by the OemPnPDriversPath entry in your unattended Setup answer file. Including drivers for non-bootable mass-storage devices in the [MassStorageDrivers] or [OEMBootFiles] sections causes an error during Setup.

If your mass-storage device is a Plug and Play device, verify that a Hardware Identification section and the name of the catalog file for the driver (Driver.cat) exist in the Txtsetup.oem file. For more information, see the Microsoft Windows Driver Development Kit at:

http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/

If the Hardware Identification section does not exist, you must add [HardwareIds.scsi.yyyyy] to the Txtsetup.oem file and verify that the following information is included:

id = "xxxxx" , "yyyyy"

where xxxxx represents the device ID, and yyyyy represents the service associated with the device.

For example, to preinstall the Symc810 driver, which has a device ID of PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0001, verify that your Txtsetup.oem file contains the following additional section:

[HardwareIds.scsi.symc810]

id = "PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0001","symc810"

Drive and path references must be removed from Txtsetup.oem. For example,

[disks]

d1 = "Windows 2000 Driver Set v1.00", \w2kdsk1, \win2000\smy810\

must be:

[disks]

d1 = "Windows 2000 Driver Set v1.00", \w2kdsk1, .

Note the period at the end of the line.

Selecting and Loading the Correct Mass-Storage Driver

If you are including new or updated drivers for mass-storage devices, you must add the new driver to both of these folders:

\$OEM$\Textmode

The location specified in the OemPnPDriversPath entry in the Unattend.txt file.

For example: \$OEM$\$1\Pnpdrvrs\storage

Loading Mass-Storage Drivers during Text-mode Setup

If the driver for the mass-storage device is included with Windows XP, the Windows XP driver is chosen before any drivers in \$OEM$\Textmode.

However, the driver you place in \$OEM$\Textmode is the first driver chosen during text-mode Setup only if:

The driver that ships with Windows XP does not boot.

The driver does not ship with Windows XP.

Loading Mass-Storage Drivers During GUI-Mode Setup

Windows XP loads an updated or new driver during GUI-mode Setup if the following criteria are met.

If you are loading an updated mass-storage device driver for one that ships with Windows XP:

The correct mass-storage driver is provided in the location specified by OemPnPDriversPath.

The driver is signed and is a more recent version than the one provided with Windows XP.

If you are loading a new mass-storage device driver that did not ship with Windows XP:

The driver is new (not included with Windows XP), signed, and installs properly during text-mode Setup.

For information about how Windows chooses the best driver during Plug and Play detection, see How Windows Selects a Particular Device Driver.

For more information about managing operating system images that contain different mass-storage drivers, see Reducing the Number of Master Images for Computers with Different Mass-Storage Controllers.

• 4 weeks later...