Super Windows XP SP1 CD :-)

I've never had a system restore CD before, but check if both CDs have a directory called \i386

The contents of i386 might be split into two CDs, so you have to copy them to the hard drive and merge together into one folder. You will then need the boot files to create a bootable CD.

This is all theory though. Someone else should give a better answer.

:) Hey Guys

Does any one on how you can make the windows super cd skip the "Welcome to Wndows Lets Spend a Few Minutes Setting Up Your Computer" screen as it is the only thing i cant do. Thanks

Open winnt.sif > go to [unattended] and put in the following line:

UnattendSwitch="yes"

Keep in mind that it will use the default Admin Account, so any extras you wanted to install such as Registry tweaks (only HKEY_CURRENT_USER) and powertoys won't exist when a new user account is created.

What kind of error are you getting for MSN Messenger 6?

It not an error but when i have install windows and the batch file runs and starts installing my programs and patchs all but msn install without any user interaction i was just wonder why msn messager 6.0 does not install without any interaction and how to fix it so it dose. Thanks

Yeah you're right. Gonna fix the guide on MSN Messenger 6 because of this.

Using WinRAR or another extractor - extract setupdl.exe to the MSN directory and use MsnMsgs.msi /QB instead

AaronXP, this would indeed be interesting to test out when I reformat, but there is a certain problem: I don't have the actual Windows XP CD.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 laptop, so I have piled on two discs Recovery and Windows XP (four discs if you count the "backup").

Windows XP seems to be on both discs seperated or something similair, because during the Toshiba installation at about 35% it asks for disc 2. This probably creates a problem for me.

I have no idea as to if I place both discs on my hard drive, examine and start from there, or if all of Windows XP is on the second disc since a small portion of the installation is Toshiba files.

Another problem is I feel unsafe running these discs on my operating system, as I have to activate them by pressing a key combination, which makes it begin automatically.

Help would be appreciated.

-Nemosta

If you have restore CD's which came with your computer there normal dont contain any files which are useful to you they mainly contain self running programs that restore your computer and they do not contain any windows files to make a super windows CD but!!!! *cough*You could download a copy of windows from a P-2-P network and use that to make a Super CD *cough*

I'm new here, so hello everyone. :)

I've got a few questions about some specific programs that someone here can hopefully help me out with. Does anyone know of a way to install Open Office, Zone Alarm, Trillian, Winamp (this was mentioned earlier, but there was a small problem apparently and I'm curious if that was resolved or if it can be worked around), and, almost last of all, Litestep :rolleyes:. I'm also curious about my HP printer drivers and the software for my MS Strategic Commander, but both have proven to be extremely fickle anyway, so my hopes aren't very high that I may get those two working. :D

:) Dose any one on how to add a line of text to the batch file use to install the programs that would make it ask for a second CD becuase i have run out of room on my first CD this would be a big help to me.

Bachus - I'll look into it tomorrow. Meanwhile you should check if any of them are using Installshield, WISE, or Windows Installer (*.msi), There are dedicated pages on these three installer packages in the Applications section.

Terminator3 - That would be a little complicated, since the $OEM$\$1\ content gets copied over during text-mode setup (just before the GUI-mode where it installs drivers and start menu etc). It doesn't get copied over during the batch. :rolleyes: Its one of the reasons why I'm going to get a DVD-Burner, so I can add lots of apps such as Macromedia and Photoshop :)

btw, have you checked the FAQ? There's a few tips on freeing up some space on the CD

To all new/existing members, please create a new thread for questions/issues. This will help other members to find what they're looking for if they're experiencing the same problem. Thanks! :)

The unattended install site is dope, but there's one thing that I haven't been able to find on any unattended install site.  That's how to include all of my favorites on the cd.  I have so many saved sites, and groups of sites on folders that it'd so nice to have them all installed instead of me dropping them in after the install, I'm sure many can relate.  Can anyone help with this?

Wouldn't it be possible to copy all the favorite files over to the favorites folder, under win xp and rthen it shows up in the favourites menu???

Sunil