How to change the keyboard layout of another process

Hi I'm again,

I want to just toggle between arabic and english, no need to identify the current locale on the fly.

Can you read my problem in detail and give me some suggessions.

I have a Application running under Unix (Written in MUMPS which is a HIS), usually running in PCs with a telnet session. The application providers have given a special Windows Emulator (You can say a enhanced telnet) with some extended features which will communicate with you pc as necessary.

For Arabic and English keyboard layout toggling, they use some ascii character sequence. Example (Ascii 30)~'w(Ascii 1)1 for arabic and (Ascii 30)~'G(Ascii0) for English.

This was working fine upto win98. From Win2000 and XP it isn't toggle from English to Arabic, but Arabic to English is working fine. So we need to do the manual arbic to english toggling by pressing Alt+Shift.

-----------------------

This MUMPS has capability of calling an exe (using VB6) from the PC thru the emulator, so what I did was, created an exe without any interface which will toggle from arabic to english using ActiveKeyboardLayout API and called that exe from MUMPS. Unfortunately it is changing to the arabic layout only to that process/thread (EXE). And when the exe is finished and the control is given to my telnet window it is changing back to English.

-----------------------

If you can help me to create the following scenario, it will be fine.

From my telnet session I will call an exe whenever I want to change it to Arabic which doesn't have any interface, and that exe should change the layout of my telnet session (which is completely another process) keyboard layout to Arabic, so even the exe is completed and the control/focus is given to the telnet session it will remain in Arabic. For the user he will not see anything but changing the keyboard in his telnet session.

May be you can think different solutions. I will appreciate if you can give me some detail infor.

Thanks Again.

Riyas